Fuck this town...

Started by VaticanShotglass, July 08, 2008, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

two words

"mail order"

that is all

VaticanShotglass

That's cool, Best Buy didn't have it out when I went there, but maybe they are just being slow.  I never experienced Best Buy having them in the past but that was a different area of the country, where no one in my high school knew who this band was.  Not many people even listened to nirvana there. 

anaconda

Bloody Hammer

I lived in Kzoo while I went to college, just moved last summer to San Diego. Check out CD Warehouse on the corner of Drake and KL Ave, that is if it's still there. They can order you anything if they don't have it. They usually have some good vinyl as well. 

(269) 372-8560
4717 W Kl Ave
Kalamazoo, MI

VaticanShotglass

That's exactly where I went, but oh well.  I live very near by.  So did you go to Western Michigan?  That's where my M.A. program is.  Lemme know if there are any cool places to eat or visit in town.  I've not been to this part of the country prior to moving here.

Chris P. Bacon

In the next two years all the old ma and pop cd stores will be gone.No matter how well they do people are starting to use the internet alot more to buy cd's.Hell alot of them bootleg half of it anyway.i also think in 2 years everything will be like itunes you will be able to download the artwork and everything because most music listeners only like one or two songs on a cd anyway thats what they want just one or two songs.I might even go as far to say cd's might go obsolete like tapes.However the band might put it out through some kind of label but only a handful will exist.
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

wixil

dont know much bout kzoo but if u shoot up here to lansing we got a couple nice rocord stores im prety sure ann arbor has a preety sweet shop or 2 as well .... if u make it to lansing u shoudl head to east lansing and FBC they got all kinds of good stuff....

Jozz

Quote from: wixil on July 08, 2008, 09:09:39 PM
dont know much bout kzoo but if u shoot up here to lansing we got a couple nice rocord stores im prety sure ann arbor has a preety sweet shop or 2 as well .... if u make it to lansing u shoudl head to east lansing and FBC they got all kinds of good stuff....

Umm, Lansing? That's where I live :) FBC is the store I was talking about.

*edit* is your screen name "paw" on other sites?

wixil

uhh nope not paw.... sorry u got the wrong dude man.....

Bloody Hammer

Yes, I graduated from Western in December of 2006.  I would definitely recommend going downtown and walking around the Kalamazoo Mall and checking out everything around there; Olde Peninsula,  definitely go to Bell's Brewery, great beer and great food.  There's a lot of history in Kalamazoo, it's a cool town. I would just recommend driving around and checking all the different areas out.  And I almost forgot, go to East Campus and if you get a chance, go to South Haven; it's west of Kalamazoo on Lake Michigan. They have beaches and a nice little historic town, very cool.  Also, some good bands come to Grand Rapids, I saw the melvins at the Intersection in 2006. Good luck to you.

Chomas

dude you do know you can order all the cool things over the internet???

glen

Quote from: blag jesus himself on July 08, 2008, 06:22:55 PM

false!

in flint, best buy always carries the melvins,

no shit.

thats cool.   I guess.   

so I suppose my info gathered from some zit faced punk kid wearing a best buy shirt who thinks MELVINS is some new age country western outfit is suspect at best.   I asked out of irratation, years ago now, why no more MELVINS on the shelves?    after asking me what category that would be in, walking me over to the M's and finding no MELVINS he responds with "uumm... we don't carry that anymore.   anywhwere."

but I'll take the change& route and say "ORDER OVER THE INTERNET".  no matter how obscure you'll likely track it down sooner or later online and probably find it "used, like new" for about $3.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Chris P. Bacon

no matter how obscure you'll likely track it down sooner or later online and probably find it "used, like new" for about $3.
[/quote]

AGREE 100%
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

norecess

I heard you can also order cd's online.

spunkmonkey

The only good thing about Kalamazoo is Bell's Brewery, and actually it's a great fantastic thing.