aluminum geetar

Started by Живојиновић, August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Benway

violent office

Quote from: armofinfant on September 01, 2008, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: BeerNinja on September 01, 2008, 08:13:23 PM
what is it with the aluminium guitars? Is it the sustaaaaain?
I want a guitar completely made of brick!

i use an aluminum neck Kramer bass and i just love the tone. its somehting about the strings sitting on metal that gives it an "icy" kinda tone. listen to Shellac Terraform and feel the aluminum.

"Sever Exposure" by Six Finger Satellite is another good example.  Something about it that makes it sound like it's practically jumping out of the speakers.  I'd really like to hear some stuff on the next Melvins record with this new guitar.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

glen

Quote from: Живојиновић on August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/standard_guitar.html

Buzz took delivery of it in Atlanta. It's set up like a Les Paul. The luthier is named Kevin. I dinked around on it; I shall be ordering a like custom one next week.

the day I thought I'd see buzz osborne being untrue to his les paul.....

*shakes head in minor disgust*

I bet that sumbitchy is nice and light though. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Ron Maiden

Quote from: glen on September 02, 2008, 07:16:58 AM

Buzz took delivery of it in Atlanta. It's set up like a Les Paul. The luthier is named Kevin. I dinked around on it; I shall be ordering a like custom one next week.

did you not see him playing a gay looking baby blue SG with Fanto?

actually its way heavier. at;least my bass is heavy. and it has an "icey" tone to it.

BeerNinja

I saw the guitarist from The Jesus Lizard playing an alu  on some photo or live footage. I allways wondered why the guitars sound so brilliant on their albums but maybe he just had new strings on them.

Smellis

Quote from: armofinfant on September 02, 2008, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: glen on September 02, 2008, 07:16:58 AM

actually its way heavier. at;least my bass is heavy. and it has an "icey" tone to it.

That's Crover's baby blue SG he uses with Fantomas.  It was given to him by Kurdt Kobain.
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

Ron Maiden

QuoteI saw the guitarist from The Jesus Lizard playing an alu  on some photo or live footage. I allways wondered why the guitars sound so brilliant on their albums but maybe he just had new strings on them.

did someone say jesus Lizard?

oh yes Duane Denison used Travis Beans alot in the past. im sure theyre all over the albums up to Shot. I don;t rememebr seeing a whole lot of Beans on the tours after Shot.

FartLips

Quote from: armofinfant on September 02, 2008, 06:07:11 PM
QuoteI saw the guitarist from The Jesus Lizard playing an alu  on some photo or live footage. I allways wondered why the guitars sound so brilliant on their albums but maybe he just had new strings on them.

did someone say jesus Lizard?

oh yes Duane Denison used Travis Beans alot in the past. im sure theyre all over the albums up to Shot. I don;t rememebr seeing a whole lot of Beans on the tours after Shot.

he's using gibson and fernandes now.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Doody the Clown

That and whatever he is playing in the video for Revolve.

gesundheit

And I think he is playing an Ampeg guitar after We Reach on Salad of a Thousand Delights

Ron Maiden

Quote from: Doody the Clown on September 02, 2008, 10:56:26 PM

That and whatever he is playing in the video for Revolve.

i almost positive thats a Peavy guitar. but im not positive so please dont bash me.

bathroom creep

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

grays harbor mafia

"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC