melvins solo albums.

Started by themelvins, August 07, 2003, 07:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themelvins

im talking about the dale crover album the buzzo album and etc.

how are they? what are they like? is it anything like the melvins?

im thinking of getting them.

Dr. Gonzo

I own all three, burnt of course. They're ok, I forget but they aren't very long since they are EPs and all. If you like noise and melvins sludge, pick em up. But I wouldn't pay too much. I of course think they are pure kick ass, since it The Melvins and all. I  also recall joe preston disliked his, and thought the whole thing was annoying just like some sort of school project. Just thought you'd like to know.

themelvins

i dont have any album thats burned, i dont liek doin that...........i got another question....why are melvins cd's so fuckin expensive?!!?

Anonymous

anti burning cds is pure stupidity... i have over 1000 cds and some are quite rare. I only buy cds if they are rare and impossible to download. The music is what matters my friend. Sure I will buy new albums as well no matter how rare. There's way too many cds to buy it becomes pointless. Why the fuck is it sometimes 100 dollars for 5 cds? You can burn 5 cds for less than 2 bucks. Why pay 98 dollars for album art???? Why?

Beto Brasil

yeah man, are goods solos albuns, from Joe is good too, all are!
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

themelvins

Quote from: Anonymousanti burning cds is pure stupidity... i have over 1000 cds and some are quite rare. I only buy cds if they are rare and impossible to download. The music is what matters my friend. Sure I will buy new albums as well no matter how rare. There's way too many cds to buy it becomes pointless. Why the fuck is it sometimes 100 dollars for 5 cds? You can burn 5 cds for less than 2 bucks. Why pay 98 dollars for album art???? Why?

98 dollars for a cd? sorry but i never come across something like that.
and sorry again but i respect the melvins and other bands and id prefer to pay more money for the album then some fake junk.
i bid you goodday.

themelvins

Quote from: Anonymousanti burning cds is pure stupidity... i have over 1000 cds and some are quite rare. I only buy cds if they are rare and impossible to download. The music is what matters my friend. Sure I will buy new albums as well no matter how rare. There's way too many cds to buy it becomes pointless. Why the fuck is it sometimes 100 dollars for 5 cds? You can burn 5 cds for less than 2 bucks. Why pay 98 dollars for album art???? Why?

its like buying a guitar......wich would you want.... the epiphone les paul or the gibson les paul? gibson!

the fender american strat or the squier strat? fender!

Beto Brasil

The series Jaguar from Fender is better.
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

the melvins

Quote from: Beto BrasilThe series Jaguar from Fender is better.

i was just giving an example....but i prefer strats...im a bass player more though.

turnacus

I could see you being pro-burning with bigger bands that are millionares or something, but with The Melvins and other underground bands they need their money. They aren't rich rockstars.  I download some albums, and usually end up buying alot of stuff from that group.
Van Hagar

the melvins

Quote from: turnacusI could see you being pro-burning with bigger bands that are millionares or something, but with The Melvins and other underground bands they need their money. They aren't rich rockstars.  I download some albums, and usually end up buying alot of stuff from that group.

i only make mix cd's i dont like burning a whole album...it just doesnt feel right.

turnacus

If i burned select songs from certain albums, they wouldn't be nearly as good as they would with the full album, in correct order. Like the Stooges Funhouse. Amazing album, songs that aren't bad but aren't standout either.
Van Hagar

HONKY

Buy all 3 solo CDs.the Buzzo one is great,Isabella is one of my favorite songs.Just to point out, that's Dave Grohl on drums(for the guy who didn't know).And you'll be surprised how good Dale's is.

Dr. Gonzo

WTF?
I was talking about 5 cds, 20 bucks each. Read it all, the album art would basically be 98 bucks for 5 cds, because the actual cd is only like 50 cents.
And this is nothing like buying an Epiphone or Gibson, nothing at all. Ofcourse I would buy the Gibson.
You fools are giving a bad name to melvins fans with this stupidity.

And turnacus makes a good point. But all the underground bands are way more expensive here, plus I listen to way too many of them, I would not be able to purchase them all. All the rare cds are quite hard to find where i'm living too. Plus turnacus has a terrible image.

the melvins

Quote from: Dr. GonzoWTF?
I was talking about 5 cds, 20 bucks each. Read it all, the album art would basically be 98 bucks for 5 cds, because the actual cd is only like 50 cents.
And this is nothing like buying an Epiphone or Gibson, nothing at all. Ofcourse I would buy the Gibson.
You fools are giving a bad name to melvins fans with this stupidity.

And turnacus makes a good point. But all the underground bands are way more expensive here, plus I listen to way too many of them, I would not be able to purchase them all. All the rare cds are quite hard to find where i'm living too. Plus turnacus has a terrible image.

im putting a bad name to melvins fans by not RIPPING THE MELVINS OFF?
and if i am putting a bad name i could care less, i just wanna listen to the melvins.