MYSTERY 100 LOT MELVINS A SENILE ANIMAL 4XLP

Started by SCORBER23, December 24, 2008, 03:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cara

Quote from: jzacs71 on January 06, 2009, 08:25:42 PM
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 06:33:06 PM
hydrahead is fucking stupid.  they should have all been on black vinyl and they should have made 10 000.
they doled them out like a childs allowance.
we are babies

Wow.....Speak for yourself.
I think Hydra head is a great label & is doing a great job of putting out awesome bands & awesome vinyl.
Seems to me they doled them out so every one could get one or two sets at the regular retail price instead
of being at the mercy of ebay.

also - if they put out 10 000 why would anyone want to buy it? This is clearly collector's vinyl and most collectors thrive on limited edition stuff like this. And the black looks GREAT.

cottoncrown

Quote from: cara on January 06, 2009, 10:36:02 PM
Quote from: jzacs71 on January 06, 2009, 08:25:42 PM
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 06:33:06 PM
hydrahead is fucking stupid.  they should have all been on black vinyl and they should have made 10 000.
they doled them out like a childs allowance.
we are babies

Wow.....Speak for yourself.
I think Hydra head is a great label & is doing a great job of putting out awesome bands & awesome vinyl.
Seems to me they doled them out so every one could get one or two sets at the regular retail price instead
of being at the mercy of ebay.

also - if they put out 10 000 why would anyone want to buy it? This is clearly collector's vinyl and most collectors thrive on limited edition stuff like this. And the black looks GREAT.

that record isn't even selling for much on ebay.  there are buy it nows for 70$ that people aren't even buying (hydrahead charged 50).
if you make a collectors record then it becomes a collectors item and ends up being traded for more than it cost to buy originally.
seems stupid to me to keep tricking everyone into thinking it's sold out, and then releasing more, over and over.
just sell them or don't.  make them limited or don't.  who cares what people are doing with them. 
it's pretty annoying that they wouldn't tell anyone the pressing numbers either.  fuck, if i'd known, i would have prefered the black
to the blue that i have. i hate coloured vinyl.
anyway i'll trade that blue monster for another melvins lp if anyone in vancouver wants to

Uncle Fester

>>>JZS<<<

I heard that hydrahead are putting out 25 on wax cylinders......colored wax.
But I'm waiting for the 2" analog tape 'easter basket' set(Ltd.Ed. of 13) :P

Uncle Fester

Quote from: cottoncrown on January 07, 2009, 01:22:51 AM
vancouver bc!
woo hoo! its about time. post in the ecumenical and show off your cool as fuck vancouver personality.

bathroom creep

Speaking of hydrahead and the box set and everything, looks like the comic book by Tom Neely is back in stock.
In case anyone's interested in still getting one:

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/product_info.php?products_id=2919&cPath=4_141&store=0
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

benfrith

Lots of people from Vancouver here!  Anyone who wants the Blue/yellow or the 4 colour vinyl, I have them for sale in my record shop (Neptoon Records).  Come on by! 
Personally I managed to get all 5 versions.  I'm a happy boy.

fraxs

I applaud Hydrahead for how they released these.
1) Awesome packaging.
2) Limited colored vinyl and no one knew which edition was more limited. Basically everything us Melvins fan love about a Melvins release.
3) They made sure that the hoarders/ebayers couldn't snag them all. That way everyone could get a fair shot at getting one.

Look at "The End" or the "Star Spangled Banner". Both sold out instantly. Both selling on ebay for 4x or more what they sold for originally. I hope they do more Melvins releases.
http://www.geocities.com/fraxs37/flipper-main.html Flipper Live Guide

http://www.geocities.com/fraxs37/Melvins MelvinsLive Guide
Both down, returning whenever I get off my lazy ass.