Heaviest Album???

Started by LouiLoomis, April 03, 2004, 07:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog log

Quote from: beee54houdini is fucking heavy, hag me, honey bucket, night goat, fucking copache, fucking spread eagle beagle, fucking joan of arc.
Why don't you like it guys ? It was the album that made me fall in love with them.

I'm 100 % with you !

bUcKsAtAn

gluey porch treatments...
if only it had Let it all Be and Honeybucket and the Bit in it, it would be my Best Of... album.
but, that said, i don't have ozma, bullhead, or lysol :oops:  :roll:  :(

Jess

with all due respect bucksatan, since you do not have either bullhead or lysol, i have to disregard your statement.  :shock:  :D  :shock:  :D

FartLips

although ozma is my favorite, stoner witch is the heaviest sounding as far as mixing goes.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

anaconda

When I think of the heaviest melvins song I have to
say Joe Preston's solo CD and the song 'Bricklebrit'

That's my definition of 'heavy'

anti~vermin

moon pie (feat kevin sharp)

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

LouiLoomis

The Joe Preston version of Night Goat is probably the heaviest song production wise. I wonder why they re-recorded it?

beee

which one joe made ? that single night goat?

anaconda

Quote from: LouiLoomisI wonder why they re-recorded it?

Probably so they could avoid having to pay him royalties

pottyhead

i was taking a piss once and like man ..... i just thought to myself and said "wow that ozma album is heavy shit!"
then without me noticing i peed on the seat.
we had a good laugh.

LouiLoomis

Beee54, yeh the single version. And Anaconda, you're probably right, but you would of thought they could of tried to make it sound as good as the original. Actually, I'm starting to think Joe had more input into Lysol than the Melvins are willing to make out. :shock::shock::shock:

FartLips

this is what sealed it for me.  i went to a party and everybody dropped a bunch of acid and smoked some weed.  we were getting pretty loud and someone then put in gluey porch treatments. by the end of the album, the room was completely silent.  everyone had been mesmerized by the music. then someone spoke up and said "dude, i've been melvined.".

we drove around all morning yelling "MELVINS!!!" at everyone outside. nice.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Vcavallo

shit, man...i wish my friends didn't listen to shit music, but then again there is something refreshing about all my friends hating my music selection...it makes me feel as if i am making the right decision.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Vcavallo

I just made a discovery...one of the main beats in BRICKLEBRIT is the same as the one in NIGHTGOAT.  the one that is kind of a continuos bass pedal with a half-time hi hat and a quarter time snare with the bass beat falling absent on every other snare.  or something like that.  listen to night goat and then listen to bricklebrit.  if you search enough you will find it.  i trust ANACONDA will discover it for some reason....just another joe/nightgoat/joe solo correlation.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Joe Deutrom

The heaviest and most raw of the Melvins stuff has to be Eggnog.
Also the most heaviest version of Eyes Flys can be found at the end of Collossus Of Destiny. Its live and brutal.

"They were decently treated. They were decently fed. And they were decently shot."