If the Melvins were featured on the Rock Band game...

Started by Mad Arab, January 29, 2009, 02:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGH

Quote from: bathroom creep on January 29, 2009, 05:04:42 PM
On a related note..  I just remembered that Guitar Hero already featured a pretty great slow 'n' heavy song:

Megasus - Red Lottery

That's an awesome song, but playing it in Guitar Hero was boring as hell. Damn, I'm a nerd.
This isn't a time for lectures!

Captain CoryCory

Melvins Rock band with double drum kit....that'd be fun in a nutzo sense.

I think suitable songs for a MElvins GUITAR Hero?

- Boris
- Eye Flys
- Zodiac
- The Bit
- Bar-X-The-Rocking-M
- Hog Leg
- The Bloated Pope
- The Talking Horse
- Colossus of Destiny for a "mental challenge"

I think Guitar Hero needs more 15-50 minute songs, just to fuck with the ADD children's patience.

Dead Cowboy

Quote from: TGH on January 29, 2009, 11:10:26 PM
On a related note..  I just remembered that Guitar Hero already featured a pretty great slow 'n' heavy song:

Megasus - Red Lottery

That's an awesome song, but playing it in Guitar Hero was boring as hell. Damn, I'm a nerd.

Brian gibson, bassist for Lightning bolt, drums for them. I think its one of my most anticipated releases.

Mad Arab

Rock Band 2 has some unexpected tracks on it, like Painkiller by Judas Priest but some of the bands are lame and I have never heard of some of them. Bang Camaro? Anarchy Club? Meh...

FantomasSF

"He had to switch to gin cuz Jagermeister gave him the shakes"

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

rictus

Quote from: FART LIPS on January 30, 2009, 04:18:53 PM
for bass hero - night goat.

You can play bass in the new Guitar Hero.

Did y'all know there's a hack where you add your own songs to Guitar Hero? It's very complicated and time consuming though, my brother-in-law was kinda obsessed with it for awhile. He just added songs that other people had done that he downloaded. I thought about doing some Melvins tracks, but I ain't got the patience for it.

liamlw

Boris so the kiddies cry about playin the same notes over and over for 8 plus minutes

Mad Arab

That would be funny. It would make it funnier if you went about increasing the difficulty setting higher, the song would get slower and longer until it reached its normal speed and song length. Make the ADD kids think Boris is a fast. short song and then get surprised when they get cocky and go for the HARD and EXPERT settings.

welcomeinjam

Don Quixote

Megasus - Red Lottery

Yeah but that song kinda sucks.  At least to play it it does.

For me, I think it's a toss between It's Shoved and Copache.  I know both are relatively short and fast, not very Melvins-esque in nature, but they'd be perfect if they're nearly as fun to play as they are to listen to.  Plus, I think those two songs are the quintessential Melvins "starter" songs; anytime I want to pop someone's Melvins-cherry, I play them It's Shoved and Copache. 

Maybe, with those two songs, we could convert the unwashed masses of Rock Band/Guitar Hero consumers and begin the Melvins plan for New World Order! 

Mad Arab

The Melvins are mentioned in Rock Band but only in passing as the band Kurt Cobain auditioned for.

Chris P. Bacon

We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson