If the Melvins were featured on the Rock Band game...

Started by Mad Arab, January 29, 2009, 02:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bathroom creep

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

TGH

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on January 30, 2009, 01:33:32 PM
Quote from: TGH on January 29, 2009, 11:10:26 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on January 29, 2009, 05:04:42 PM
On a related note..  I just remembered that Guitar Hero already featured a pretty great slow 'n' heavy song:

Megasus - Red Lottery

That's an awesome song, but playing it in Guitar Hero was boring as hell. Damn, I'm a nerd.

Brian gibson, bassist for Lightning bolt, drums for them. I think its one of my most anticipated releases.

He wasn't in the band when they recorded Red Lottery. But he plays on the new song that's in Rock Band, and he tears that shit up.
This isn't a time for lectures!

kengriffeyjr

i'd say for guitar hero purposes, you'd have to include Revolve

bionicanchovy

A two player drum battle, with some of the tracks off (a)SA or NWB would be epic.
"I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the fuck is this GARBAGE?' And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers." - Nick Cave

deatheats

Quote from: A Resident of Buzz's Afro on January 31, 2009, 07:51:48 PM
Check this out:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48766

Hey, that's me on the last post...I must admit I have posted a message or two on the rock band forums about the Melvins as well as other missing/great bands.
Damn, I'm a nerd.

Mad Arab

No you are not a nerd. I recently got into the whole Rock Band thing. Honestly I think it is the best all around family game in recent times. I have a teenage son and a daughter who is about to be a teenager. My wife, myself and the kids all like Rock Band 1 and 2 alot.

cara

Quote from: deatheats on February 03, 2009, 09:52:11 PM
Quote from: A Resident of Buzz's Afro on January 31, 2009, 07:51:48 PM
Check this out:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48766

Hey, that's me on the last post...I must admit I have posted a message or two on the rock band forums about the Melvins as well as other missing/great bands.
Damn, I'm a nerd.

i like how i didnt see there was more than one page at first and was thinking the last one on page 1 was your post. I was thinking... really?:

deatheats

The rock band forums are funny.  I do my damndest not to hijack other threads asking for more Paramore or Linkin Park.
Instead I just focus on trying to bump the underrated or lesser known bands.

And you are right Rock band is a really fun family game which can get lots of folks (and kids)  interested in music they never would have heard before.  Plus as silly as it sounds it does teach you a lot about rhythm and timing (you should have seen me try to play drums for the first time).

TGH

Quote from: deatheats on February 06, 2009, 11:26:28 AM
The rock band forums are funny.  I do my damndest not to hijack other threads asking for more Paramore or Linkin Park.
Instead I just focus on trying to bump the underrated or lesser known bands.

And you are right Rock band is a really fun family game which can get lots of folks (and kids)  interested in music they never would have heard before.  Plus as silly as it sounds it does teach you a lot about rhythm and timing (you should have seen me try to play drums for the first time).

Nothing beats hearing your 50 year old Mom try and sing DevilDriver's Clouds Over California.
This isn't a time for lectures!

jaymz

charmicarmicat
Their version of youth of america would be brilliant as well.

Fantomas should get a song on the game as well

FartLips

lol, fantomas can barely play fantomas! maybe with the box you get a mike patton clone to signal the changes?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

ManWithNoName

They should do like Tool did with guitar hero or whatever and let Mackie work with the game designers for the art during the tunes and shit.