Houdini demos

Started by Chief Ten Beers, February 01, 2009, 09:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Ten Beers

I've been wondering lately if there are any, and if anyone's heard them. I read an interview with Buzz once, in that Lorax originally recorded all the bass parts for Houdini. The timeline is a little unclear to me, but she was back in the band in late '92/early '93, right?. Then when she got the boot for good Buzz wiped all her bass parts out  and had various people play them(credited on the CD), although her picture is still on the back cover.

GrimReaper

When Atlantic signed the Melvins there was no bass player. Atlantic thought they were hiring a complete band. Instead of putting Joe Preston on the cover and giving him royalties, Buzz used Lorax.

I read some where Buzz and Dale did all the bass parts with Billy Anderson filling in on a few songs (Hag Me and Teet).

Cobain sat there stoned.

bathroom creep

I have four songs (Joan of Arc, Set Me Straight, Sky Pup, Pearl Bomb) that seem to be Houdini demos..  at least that's what the song titles say.  I just forgot where I got them from so I'm not too sure about that. 
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

GrimReaper

Quote from: bathroom creep on February 01, 2009, 11:03:43 AM
I have four songs (Joan of Arc, Set Me Straight, Sky Pup, Pearl Bomb) that seem to be Houdini demos..  at least that's what the song titles say.  I just forgot where I got them from so I'm not too sure about that. 

Can you hook us up with those demos?

bathroom creep

Sure, I'm uploading them right now.  Give me five minutes

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

GrimReaper

bathroom creep

Idlehanz

The songs you have are the only demo's  I know of off of Houdini.  I got them in 94', but I haven't listened to them in a while.  I love the extra verse on Joan of Arc.

black stallion

Quote from: GrimReaper on February 01, 2009, 11:02:33 AM
I read some where Buzz and Dale did all the bass parts with Billy Anderson filling in on a few songs (Hag Me and Teet).
yeah,i read it too...remember Buzz said the album credits about bass players were a joke and were just him and Dale playing bass.and thanks to bathroom creep for posting those demos
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

JJ

Chief Ten Beers

So who's playing bass on these here demos, Lori? JP?

dijk cheese

i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

norecess

The Houdini demos are also known as The Gypsy Demos if I recall correctly.

Pat Smear from White Flag plays the guitar solo on Goin' Blind I believe.

Chris P. Bacon

Quote from: norecess on February 01, 2009, 05:14:04 PM
The Houdini demos are also known as The Gypsy Demos if I recall correctly.

Pat Smear from White Flag plays the guitar solo on Goin' Blind I believe.

WOW I did not know that cool :D

thanks bc cool to here something different from this album.
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

perusha

It's Pat Fear from White Flag.  Not Pat Smear, who was not in White Flag of course but the Germs.  And then some shitty, worthless band with that Dave Grohl guy but I digress...