houdini vinyl versions

Started by cottoncrown, February 09, 2009, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottoncrown

what is the difference between the houdini amrep and the atlantic vinyl releases?
does the atlantic have rocket reducer/gatefold
how many copies, etc.

very curious

oh yes

very

cottoncrown

also, anyone in vancouver, bc
i have an extra copy of houdini (amrep) near mint
that i would like to trade for some other melvins or
the red cross posh boy ep

EGO the Living Planet

I thought the vinyl was only on Am Rep.

cottoncrown

that's what i thoguht, but a friend of mine has an atlantic version that isn't gatefold.  i've never seen it anywhere else.  i dunno what the deal is.

Uncle Fester

you should steal it off him. then youll have three copies of houdini. and one of those you could give to me.

anaconda

did amrep do any cassette releases of houdini??

cottoncrown

i have a cassette somewhere, but i think its atlantic

cottoncrown

Quote from: uncle fester on February 12, 2009, 05:33:05 PM
you should steal it off him. then youll have three copies of houdini. and one of those you could give to me.

i'd probly just keep it and pretend that i want to trade it

anaconda

Quote from: cottoncrown on February 13, 2009, 12:30:42 AM
i have a cassette somewhere, but i think its atlantic

Ya I have the Atlantic cassette, just wondered about AmRep and their formats for Houdini

Uncle Fester

get your friend to post his copy of houdini.... or take your camera to his house and take a picture... ME WANT SEE!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Does it have an extra song?  I think the one sleeve versions were only made for the Europeans.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

the crybaby

HOUDINI:
original vinyl released by Amphetamine Reptile Records AmRep532-1 with gatefold cover (last song at the records: "rocket reducer#62") limited to 5000 copies
later a european bootleg version has been pressed: no gatefold - just a slip-in cover (last song at the records: "spread eagle beagle")

haudini has also been released as a TAPE by atlantic (not amrep).
there is also a promo tape existing with an artwork, just the songtitles and the atlantic logo.

cottoncrown

Quote from: uncle fester on February 14, 2009, 03:09:38 PM
get your friend to post his copy of houdini.... or take your camera to his house and take a picture... ME WANT SEE!

i looks just llike this one

http://www.popsike.com/Melvins-Houdini-Kozik-Vinyl-LP-Isis-Sunn-Boris-Fantomas/280272787857.html

a bootleg makes sense