What is it about them that creates fanaticism?

Started by Reverend Ebeneezer, April 07, 2004, 08:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anti~vermin

its the way the guitar riffs fuse with the drums.
its unbeatable.

only tom morello or adam jones can come close to duplicating such magic.
at least adam has danny to feed the process, poor tom is alone.

also its buzz's hair.
its magnificent!

anti~vermin

Quote from: nightgoat1978WHAT MAKES ME REALLY SAD IS THAT THE ONLY BAND IN THE INDUSTRY THAT HAS GIVEN THEM ANY KIND OF PRAISE IS NIRVANA. i WAS NOT A HUGE FAN OF NIRVANA BUT I RESPECTED THEM. THEY MENTIONED THE MELVINS MANY TIMES IN INTERVIEWS.

tool praises melvins as well.
in fact go check out the news at  http://www.toolband.com right now there should be something about the melvins on there.

Dave

It is their diversity.

Every band bores me that only sticks to one style of song, one type of sound, and tries nothing unique. The Melvins have such variety it keeps me interested. I know that if I buy their next offering I will be surprised in some way.
"There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion."

- Lord Verulam

FartLips

Quote from: anti~vermin
Quote from: nightgoat1978WHAT MAKES ME REALLY SAD IS THAT THE ONLY BAND IN THE INDUSTRY THAT HAS GIVEN THEM ANY KIND OF PRAISE IS NIRVANA. i WAS NOT A HUGE FAN OF NIRVANA BUT I RESPECTED THEM. THEY MENTIONED THE MELVINS MANY TIMES IN INTERVIEWS.

tool praises melvins as well.
in fact go check out the news at  http://www.toolband.com right now there should be something about the melvins on there.
soundgarden loves to talk about the melvins, and i've read a few times where pantera consider melvins a big influence. i think they are listed in their thank lists on on of their first albums.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Jess

Pantera?  i would've never thought that.

Vcavallo

well most bands that cite the melvins as influences either sound nothing like them, or sound like them but are just shit song writers.  it is very disappointing.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Kurva

Quote from: DaveIt is their diversity.

Every band bores me that only sticks to one style of song, one type of sound, and tries nothing unique. The Melvins have such variety it keeps me interested. I know that if I buy their next offering I will be surprised in some way.

yeah. you named it exactly!

i was goin to write that too, but my english ........yknow.....

buzzo is such a musician.... he plays it all

beee

Quote from: Vcavallowell most bands that cite the melvins as influences either sound nothing like them, or sound like them but are just shit song writers.  it is very disappointing.
well influence doesnt mean "copy"

Kurva

the more i listen to them, i like them more and more and more and more
when i listen to other bands, the result is theyre more and more and more and more and more booooring

................. anti-pop

Never is an ugly word.

FartLips

Quote from: beee54
Quote from: Vcavallowell most bands that cite the melvins as influences either sound nothing like them, or sound like them but are just shit song writers.  it is very disappointing.
well influence doesnt mean "copy"
yeah people just want to be heavy like the melvins, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE SO GIVE IT UP FUXXoRS!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Vcavallo

i am not saying they should copy them, but what does influence mean?! there should be something melviny present or it is not an influence.  there is a difference between influence and INSPIRATION.  i think you are confusing those and holding me responsible..!
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

brain center at whipples

To me the melvins are like a genre of music. So each album is like a different band from genre that I listen to. Except i can't think of a genre thats that diverse, let alone from one band. Its like "which band should I listen to now? stag or hostile ambient takeover?"

beee

Quote from: Vcavalloi am not saying they should copy them, but what does influence mean?! there should be something melviny present or it is not an influence.  there is a difference between influence and INSPIRATION.  i think you are confusing those and holding me responsible..!
sorry maybe i was wrong because of my bad english

Kurva

Quote from: beee54
Quote from: Vcavalloi am not saying they should copy them, but what does influence mean?! there should be something melviny present or it is not an influence.  there is a difference between influence and INSPIRATION.  i think you are confusing those and holding me responsible..!
sorry maybe i was wrong because of my bad english

thats so sweet  :P

The Chalupa

they just make music that they like, something that a lot of bands are forgetting about