Author Topic: Buzz still has no love for Love  (Read 8224 times)

Offline spunkmonkey

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
Buzz still has no love for Love
« on: May 22, 2009, 01:05:21 PM »
From an interview in the Seattle Stranger...

Is there a stigma you have with the record?

No, nothing ruined it for me, not in the least. The experience in and of itself was clouded by a lot of rock star

Dr.Benway

Re: Buzz still has no love for Love
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »
Just once I'd like to hear Buzz say something to the effect of it's too bad Cobain died, he was a friend.  Rather than good riddance.  And maybe he has.  Not that I've seen.

Offline spunkmonkey

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »
I don't think he ever was really a "friend" though.

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
I'm willing to bet they were friends; most likely Buzz is just angry with his death.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Dr.Benway

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Dale in a drumming mag. when they asked how he got into using a gong and he said he bought his first one after he heard about Cobain's death.  He took it home and tore it up working out some emotions.  Obviously not a direct quote.

Offline dead mike

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • The lie is a condition of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Dale in a drumming mag. when they asked how he got into using a gong and he said he bought his first one after he heard about Cobain's death.  He took it home and tore it up working out some emotions.  Obviously not a direct quote.
I always thought Nirvana would have been right at home on The Gong Show.

Offline Like Stee

• shit talking thieves
  • Moanin' Ludlow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »
From everything I've read both about the Melvins and about Nirvana over the years, I gather than Buzz, Dale, Kurt, Krist, and even Dave were all pretty close back in those days.  I think everyone had a hard time being close to Kurt once the succubus arrived on the scene.  The one exception to that seems to have been Dylan Carlson.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Dr.Benway

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »
It's interesting to look through Cobain's "Journal's" and read some of the letters he wrote to Dale.  I don't remeber if there were any directly to Buzz and I'm too lazy, err busy, to look. 

Offline m3kcomp

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 09:19:11 PM »
I think some people can have the end outweigh the past. It appears all ended badly with most of the people in/around Nirvana...so why look back like the bad shit didn't happen? I know many people including myself who look at some past relationships, where many good times were had, and have nothing positive to say about those people.

I also think that some folks have no sympathy for people who destroy themselves. I think of a guy like Buzz as someone who won't shed many tears for people who make bad decisions...but who the fuck knows.

I personally never gave a fuck about any Nirvana connection. it actually prevented me from liking them until about 10 years ago. I had seen them a few times before that, first time in 93,  and didn't pay much attention because of all the cobain quotes.

Mad Arab

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 06:34:44 AM »
Here we go again...

What was was wrong with Nirvana? Oh, they sold millions of records, so they suck. You know, Cobain could have ignored the Melvins instead of referencing them whenever he had the chance. He could have distanced himself from them. But instead he had a part in them getting on Atlantic and gave them a chance for more exposure.

Nirvana was hands down better than any mainstream band out there at the time. And Nirvana was a springboard to find out about other cool bands like Scratch Acid, Melvins, Flipper and others. He proudly cited his influences and that in turn helped those bands out. I'm sure the back catalog of Scratch Acid benefited from the name plugging.

I continue to like Nirvana, especially their more "out there stuff" off of Incesticide.

They were all friends. Buzz is just acting that way out of anger and sorrow. Cobain was an idiot for becoming a junkie, now he's dead. But that doesn't mean they were not friends.

Buzz obviously did not think that Courtney Love was good for Kurt. But that doesn't matter. Kurt thought so and married her and had a child with her.

ManWithNoName

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 06:37:41 AM »
or maybe Nirvana's music is just boring.

Mad Arab

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
or maybe Nirvana's music is just boring.

Boring? I don't think that is it. It has more to do with them being equated as "big rock star sell outs" in the minds of elitist, hip, indie rock clientele.

Offline (the) Razor

• Handler
  • Told you girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »
The Roman makes a good point.
Don't click this

ManWithNoName

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 07:35:17 AM »
I have defended Tool and such over bullshit sell out crap plenty of times on this board.

The fact is, to some of us, Nirvana(or tool) is just plain boring and it has nothing to do with 12 year olds wearing nirvana shirts or them being played on MTV.

Back on topic, Love is a cunt. Remember when she accused Buzz of killing Cobain? Hilarious.

Dr.Benway

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 07:39:05 AM »
Love is a cunt.  And I gotta go with Flavi Flav on the other.