Previous topic - Next topic

Buick GN

Quote from: IrvingtonFoster on June 13, 2009, 08:35:26 PM
Quote from: Buick on June 13, 2009, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: IrvingtonFoster on June 13, 2009, 06:37:03 PM
According to Jimmy Bower, the Melvins/Down tour is happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WprBd0ppnPE
Nice find.

Did you attend Irvington High in Fremont?

Yup, sure did, i live a few blocks down the street from the school.
:D

FartLips

Quote from: Idlehanz on June 13, 2009, 06:44:38 PM
Well since he outed it......it must be true :)   Good, I could use a few more shows.  Now to familiarize myself with Down a little more.
:lol:

it was fun while it lasted, the whole idea that this WASN'T happening. :P
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Like Stee

satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

(the) Razor

Hopefully it means more money to melvins, so bigger production on the next album, which will mean bigger drum sound???

Don't click this

gesundheit

I give this a big meh. Especially since I'm considering they haven't played in CA yet this year and they definitely will this time around. If the Melvin's open for Down, I would not stay for Down.

norecess

of course down will be headlining, no doubt about it.

glen

Quote from: anaconda on June 13, 2009, 08:13:06 PM
True, but Melvins have the legacy of 25 years. I think down would defer to that.

what kind of legacy did tomahawk have on the geek tour?

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

norecess

Quote from: glen on June 14, 2009, 07:11:33 AM
True, but Melvins have the legacy of 25 years. I think down would defer to that.

they had mike patton of faith no more fame = bigger legacy

down has phil anselmo of pantera fame = bigger legacy

as buzz said, the world isn't a right place, but what can you do? grab the money.

>>>JZS<<<

Down should be the MELVINS roadies & be thankful that they are in the same room together.

anaconda

Quote from: glen on June 14, 2009, 07:11:33 AM

Patton owns Ipecac. If you sign the checks you get your way.

black stallion

Quote from: SpaceFarm on June 14, 2009, 12:51:56 AM
Hopefully it means more money to melvins, so bigger production on the next album, which will mean bigger drum sound???

and maybe Phil Anslemo will sing on the next Melvins album :shock:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Michael

My initial reaction to this tour was one of dismay and disappointment.  There's absolutely no way I would attempt to be front row for the Melvins in a room full of Down fans.  I would be annihilated.  After a solid decade of seeing them every chance I could get would I opt out on this Melvins tour all together?  Is that even possible? 

But then I realized that after two or three nights of playing to rooms populated with people who, for the most part, don't get your music, the chances of sets of "Jacksonville"-sized proportions are incredibly high.  I wouldn't miss that for the world. 

Even if I need to watch from the sidelines. 

black stallion

think how great would be to see them performing something in the line of COD in front of that crowd :o
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

gesundheit

Quote from: black stallion on June 14, 2009, 12:36:36 PM
think how great would be to see them performing something in the line of COD in front of that crowd :o

That would be excellent..even if buzz just stood up there and let his guitar ring out feedbacking and dale just pounded the snot of his gong, it would STILL be better than sitting through a Down set, I presume. And by the end...I would be in such awe from the Melvins set I would happily go home without having to witness any anselmo antics..sorry, down.

thanks, but no thanks

Kolonel Kurtz Kobain

"That would be excellent..even if buzz just stood up there and let his guitar ring out feedbacking and dale just pounded the snot of his gong, it would STILL be better than sitting through a Down set, I presume. And by the end...I would be in such awe from the Melvins set I would happily go home without having to witness any anselmo antics..sorry, down. "

Melvins in Seattle '92 second Paramount show.......aural-corporal punishment on Soundgarden fans due to smartass remark by Seattle Times hack scribe.

Melvins in Albuquerque '97, some theater downtown ....vicious sonic assault on Helmet fans for a couple of them throwing stuff; it was beautiful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus moment in time:
.......................when Richie G. got caught blowing the asshat house security chief downstairs in the shitter at the Great American in S.F., this after being told the night before not to do it again.
I'd rather be at Dodger Stadium...