Melvins to play 10 Years of ATP Festival in December

Started by rimb, June 19, 2009, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnabster

Quote from: jamie_atp on August 14, 2009, 09:51:51 AM
You could surely say the same for any music festival? Who would want to spend three days in Koko?

My outburst was spontanious, not meant to offend. But I do prefer more accessable stuff.

Schnabster

Quote from: norecess on August 14, 2009, 09:58:13 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on August 14, 2009, 09:42:01 AM
Piss-irritating.

you gave up your freedom and this is the price you are paying, my friend!

j/k of course.

i actually like the idea of having your accomodation and the festival area together. i remember for roadburn 2008 you had way too many choices for different tickets that didn't work out at all:

- pre-party (thursday
- main event: friday
- main event: saturday
- passe-partout #1 (friday and saturday)
- passe-partout #2 (thursday - sunday,  except the tibet day)
- afterburner (sunday)
- david tibet curated day (sunday)

(i don't think there were two passe-partout tickets but it gives you a fair indication)

simply put: it was hell, and they changed it the next year and stripped the different ticket options.

Perhaps I`m wrong, but I`m not to keen on spending several days in an area this way. I hope though, that Melvins adds some more shows in Europe before and/or after ATP.

Idlehanz

I really dug how ATP was set up.  I wish they'd do one on our West Coast. 

norecess

Devendra Banhart
Polvo
Growing
youm (formerly Youthmovies)

happy with polvo & growing!

Green Honey

AFRIRAMPO
APSE
BARDO POND
DEERHOOF
DIRTY THREE
EDAN
THE FOR CARNATION
FUCK BUTTONS
GROWING
THE MAGIC BAND
M

the ether bunny

there are too many good acts on that line up. id actually really like to see mum.
he was a mongoloid.

norecess

two more days at the office and then we're off to atp once again!

only four more days until my melvins fix, yeeha!

jaymz

It was really really good weekend I'm fucked and the melvins ended with 4 drummers with Jared in the crowd and buzz throwing out t shirts.

norecess

it was a good weekend indeed! the other two drummers were from modest mouse appartently, who played after the melvins. i got one of those shirts thrown in my face when i was looking at the schedule actually, and in my size! i guess i have to book myself a vacation to germany now.

BC

Quote from: norecess on December 15, 2009, 03:47:50 AM
it was a good weekend indeed! the other two drummers were from modest mouse appartently, who played after the melvins. i got one of those shirts thrown in my face when i was looking at the schedule actually, and in my size! i guess i have to book myself a vacation to germany now.
Super neato!  Did you stick around for MM?  hey wait a minute, MMM. 

Green Honey

Quote from: norecess on December 15, 2009, 03:47:50 AM
it was a good weekend indeed!

Indeed indeed!

highlights:
meeting three of the finest people you could hope to meet after many years communicating via this medium here.
noreccess' masterful Dutch approach to navigating the Butlins procedure. A seasoned veteran of ATP.
Lunica's Norweigian versatility in cooking delicious meals using only bread/tortilla, tomatoes, egg, mushroom and cheese. Also a seasoned veteran of ATP.
Brian's Minneapolis deadpan-ness and knowledge that comes with the territory when you're the administrator of the best forum in the whole wide world.

norecess

yes, it was a pleasure meeting green honey and brian! me and lunica had a wonderful weekend and were happy to have spent it with you two! brian told me he made this website ten years ago already -- quite a coincidence!

my musical highlights were six organs of admittance (sooooo good, what a drummer!), deerhoof and sunn's second set (monoliths & dimensions with atilah). also, j mascis + the fog (with kyle spencer of harvey milk fame on drums) weren't as mediocre as i thought it would be and played more dinosaur songs i thought they would play. crispin glover's big slide show was hilarious and it was nice meeting him, although briefly.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Did brian reveal any behind-the-scenes shenanigans regarding his interview with the melvins?  Did you all get drunk together and sing some gospel?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

maffymaff

It was indeed an awesome weekend. Sorry I didn't get to see you guys much, but as you know, there's a lot see while you're there. It always seems to be December we all go to ATP so I'm sure I'll see you again next year!

I got some good pictures over the weekend. Here are a few of them.