Houston 2009-08-28 The Meridian

Started by linoleum blownapart, August 29, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linoleum blownapart

I would have missed this if Pinkus would not have called me and said they were coming.  Did not see it mentioned anywhere.  All I can say is wow.  The Melvins have it going on. The sets were awesome.  Same 2 piece opener for themselves, then jared and cody joined in.  I liked how they ended and stated back with the shinning cover.   The best night goat ever, now I Iike that song too (first eye flies, now night goat they just keep getting better and better).  This lineup is making me like songs I  don't which is a good thing.

Meet up with Pinkus and Jackie just before the show and headed back stage.  Met up with Carson (Honky's original guitar player too).  Had not seen him in a long time.  Met the Buzz, , Cody, and Jared and they are all some nice people.  I had meet Dale years ago.  We hung out after the show too.  When we all finally left the club (well Buzz left early)  there was no one around not even the workers.  Strange to walk around a venue with no one around and all the lights off.  At least Dale knew the way out.

The Melvins and Buttholes are getting excitied to play in October so you West Coasters are really lucky.  Sound like small(er) rooms too.
thrower of the bong water balloons

black stallion

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on August 29, 2009, 08:36:15 AM
Strange to walk around a venue with no one around and all the lights off.
yeah,especially doing that together with Dale Jared and Coady i suppose  8)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Defty

It was a damn fine show. I thought it was hilarious that the other death metal type show was moved to the red room and the melvins were bumped to the bigger one.

The song they all sang after The Bit was a surreal ending. I got a setlist for the 2nd set and a beat up Dale drumstick.

linoleum blownapart

yeah okie from muskogee was awesome.  slowed down.

also there was no sassy witty banter by Buzz during the set.

i went to take a piss and heard the metal show.  could not take it too long before they ran me out of there.

in a way i was hoping the melvins were gong to be in the small club, but the turnout was bigger than i expected with hardly no advertising.

i recorded the show.  will try to get it up soon.

Defty

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on August 29, 2009, 01:17:19 PM

i recorded the show.  will try to get it up soon.

That's awesome. Keep us posted.

Yeah the turnout was better than I expected at first. We were the first one in line for the Melvins and the line never got very big, like we could hold a conversation with everyone in it. It started filling up more once the doors were opened.

>>>JZS<<<

sittingcow

linoleum blownapart

Melvins
2009-08-28
The Meridian
Houston Tejas

Edirol-R9 (internal mics) - USB - PowlderbitS Sound Recorder (split tracks) - Trader's Little Helper (level 8)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=265751

01 The Ballad Of Dwight Frye
02 It's Shoved
03 Let Me Roll It
04 Suicide In Progress
05 Oven
06 Black Bock
07 Let God Be Your Gardener
08 Pigs of the Roman Empire
09 The Talking Horse
10 The Bloated Pope
11 Dog Island
12 & 13 Dies Iraea
14 Billy Fish
15 Mr DNA
16 Buzz Talks
17 Anaconda
18 Zodiac
19 The Kicking Machine
20 Civilized Worm drum intro
21 Blood Witch
22 Hooch
23 Night Goat
24 The Smiling Cobra
25 The Bit
26 Bass and Drums Jam (Buzz stood off to the side)
27 Okie from Muskogee

Defty

glen

not to get all asky or anything but...

if someone DL's this and has a moment it'd be great if they could repost a DL'able link for those off us who can't seem to get on dimeadozen to save their lives.

like say a megaupload or something to that affect?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

sittingcow

Thanks for sharing!! I'd really like a boot of the Baton Rouge show, but this is definitely an acceptable substitute!

It's easy to get on dimeadozen, you just have to try a lot. Put it in your bookmarks toolbar and check it often.

bronkaids

Does any one still have recording of this show? Would love to have it. They f'ing rocked it that night.