Chicken Switch

Started by backstard, September 20, 2009, 10:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on April 03, 2015, 11:21:41 PM
Quote from: meezer on April 03, 2015, 04:12:19 AM
When I'm doing a live tape, it's all live, studio is all studio, remix is all remix.

I think the warbly 'alt' version of "I'll Finish You Off" from the Isis split might fit there.

How about the stuff the Melvins remixed... Liars, KMFDM, and of course Isis?

Buzz also remixed a Gang of Four track with someone (probably Lustmord, right?). I have that promo CD around here somewhere.

Then maybe the Brothers Collateral track.

"Message Saved" and "Thank You" are pretty much in line with the noise experiments.
Good suggestions. Brothers Collateral is perfect. KMFDM used to be one of my favorites.
I wasn't aware of that collaboration.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

amazonAMAZON

Just returning to profess my undying love for SNOW REM REM IBVZ. Anyone with me?

meezer

Mostly just this one and Queen for me but I'll have to revisit this, er, masterpiece soon  :D

https://youtu.be/A6mIfoDZr7A
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Mount Ambulance

She Chokes Her Dying Breath and Does It In my Face - V/Vm
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

))))((((

Quote from: meezer on March 31, 2018, 09:57:47 PM
I'll have to revisit this, er, masterpiece soon
Masterpiece of shit. I forget who coined that term now. For the record, i don't think this album is "shit", just not very listenable as a whole. Some cool individual tracks on this though.

Fureon Nectarmoon

Washmashine Sk8tronics
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 31, 2018, 11:14:12 PM
She Chokes Her Dying Breath and Does It In my Face
Chicken Switch is one of those cases where I'm more fascinated by the tracks' titles than the actual music.

Anyway,
I gotta revisit that fake leak.
I agree with the popular opinion that it was more entertaining than the real thing.

UPD: ...Actually, I can't find where to download it anymore.

UPD2: FOUND IT!
And reuploaded here.
(I take it there shouldn't be a problem with that since it's not an actual Melvins release)

CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 01, 2018, 05:49:40 AM
I'll have to revisit this, er, masterpiece soon
Masterpiece of shit. I forget who coined that term now. For the record, i don't think this album is "shit", just not very listenable as a whole. Some cool individual tracks on this though.

Agreed on some of the individual tracks. Stonerrock.com offered a pretty good take on The Crybaby that fits this record to a tee as well.

"Many of the individual tracks are fine but it doesn't flow well as a "record" or as a whole".

amazonAMAZON

I was thinking about this from the other thread. I wish for some of these they'd done overdubs. Like Dale just freestyle drumming over the speedranch tune would be cool. Hell, I'd take Buzz doing his best TG impersonation on half of them.

Don't fuck with the Merzbow one, though!