9/26 Venue Change

Started by (PAUL), September 23, 2009, 12:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(PAUL)

Got this email from Ticketmaster:

QuoteHello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Down scheduled at Pearl Room on Saturday, September 26, 2009, at 8:00PM, has changed to a new venue and now has an age restriction. The event will now take place at the Austin's same time & date. Patrons attending the show must be 21 with a valid photo ID available at the door. If you do not meet the age criteria, you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method. Original tickets will be honored for the new venue, or you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

If your tickets were sent to you via ticketFast, Paperless Ticketing or were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service no later than Friday, September 25 2009 by 3:00 PM ES/DT @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets back to:
Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
Down (CH1) Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

I guess the original venue is closing as it looks like all the other shows are either being cancelled or moved to different venues as well. Works out for me, as the new venue is about an hour closer.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

jlamour

The Pearl Room used to be the Oasis which was a pretty big venue from what I recall.  I wonder what this new place will be like.  I gotta take the Metra out there and hope to Satan The Melvins' set will be over before 10:30 so I'm not stranded in the country.

jlamour

Is this show still happening?  I can't find listings for it anywhere.

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.

jlamour

Fuck.  Sold out.  I snoozed on this show cuz I didn't know until this week if I was going to be in town or not.  Time to hit up craigslist.

Fuck.  Nada.  Oh well, I'll see them in 3 weeks.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: jlamour on September 25, 2009, 11:37:03 AM
Fuck.  Sold out.  I snoozed on this show cuz I didn't know until this week if I was going to be in town or not.  Time to hit up craigslist.

If the club is close, you might try going down and asking around for a ticket.  I've seen it happen successfully, more than a few times.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jlamour

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 25, 2009, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: jlamour on September 25, 2009, 11:37:03 AM

If the club is close, you might try going down and asking around for a ticket.  I've seen it happen successfully, more than a few times.

The club is over an hour from where I live.  Oh well, can't win em all.  I saw a few requests for tix on cl.  Some were offering $50!!!  Fuck it.

conor23

I am pretty sure I got the last 3 tickets...I need to stop procrastinating.

Buick GN

Procrastination is like masturbation.

You fu*k yourself.

queenbzzoofcourse

jlamour

(PAUL)

Yep, I was there. They were sold out of the Melvins shirt except XL  :( . They played for about an hour, then we left right after they were done. The Down fans weren't obnoxious or anything, but I haven't seen so many band shirts for the band they were there to see, it was ridiculous.
Hail, not fail.

conor23

Agreed, had to be 90% Down t-shirts over all...and I think their fans were pretty obnoxious. I saw one guy almost get into a fight with security before he even got in.

Melvins were great as usual, the double drummer line up really is my favorite. Down was even pretty good, straight forward metal. But they sounded sloppy after the very tight Melvins set.

jlamour

Quote from: pAUL on September 27, 2009, 09:34:43 PM
Yep, I was there. They were sold out of the Melvins shirt except XL  :( .

Melvins fans are in shape!   :D

Buick GN

Quote from: jlamour on September 30, 2009, 10:05:52 AM
Quote from: pAUL on September 27, 2009, 09:34:43 PM
Yep, I was there. They were sold out of the Melvins shirt except XL  :( .

Melvins fans are in shape creepy!   :D