buzz vs dale vs joe

Started by bonzo, October 11, 2009, 07:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which is your favorite of the 3 solo albums?

King Buzzo
10 (17.5%)
Dale Crover
39 (68.4%)
Joe Preston
8 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 55

norecess

i went for buzzo because of annum.

anaconda

i went dale

dead wipe, respite, hurter.

dijk cheese

hmm, hands first flower is a beautiful track, but i'd say overall dale's.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

nightwolf

GrimReaper

ManWithNoName

Idlehanz

glen

buzz

dale an extremely close 2nd.

I think nobody gives buzz's a chance becuase the tracks sound like they could be on any number of standard MELVINS releases.     considering the time of release (IE pre-altamont) dales was just so different than anything labeled MELVINS.  its a great album, no doubt, in a more musical sense.   but Buzz's just busts you right in the mouth. its dark. its heavy.  its everything great about MELVINS.  oh.. except no dale crover on drums. that hurts.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bathroom creep

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

PrickHonky

Definitely Dale's with Buzz following a close second. Joe's is ok but sounds rushed to me. I watched an interview with Buzz and Dale where they talk about Joe's solo album and they said that it is almost the exact same thing he is doing with Thrones. I probably don't have the quote right, but Buzz said something to the effect of "there's a reason he's in a a band by himself." why all the hate for Joe? I don't know anything about the guy except he was good in Earth and the one Melvins album he played on.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

tommyhc

PrickHonky

why is Joe's name in such huge font on the back of Lysol while the Dale's is small and Buzz'z is tiny? Was it to make Joe feel special or did he whine about it?
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

glen

Quote from: PrickHonky on October 13, 2009, 12:39:10 PM
why is Joe's name in such huge font on the back of Lysol while the Dale's is small and Buzz'z is tiny? Was it to make Joe feel special or did he whine about it?

don't read into things so much.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN