Author Topic: Gluey Porch Treatments  (Read 1943 times)

Offline joel

• knows moss
    • View Profile
Gluey Porch Treatments
« on: October 20, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »
Just got this album. It's one of the few Melvins discs I've passed over until this point. Glad I decided to check it out. Buzz's liner notes are great.

Offline GrimReaper

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gluey Porch Treatments
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:39:04 AM »

What took you so long?

Offline joel

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »
Well, I guess I never really gave it that much consideration. I only go as far back as Bull-head (one of their very best albums btw) as far as my Melvins familiarity is concerned. So that means I'm missing out on Ozma too. Shit...I'll probably have to get that one as well. Though I hear they don't care for it that much.

Long live the Melvins.

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:06 AM »
I'll probably have to get that one as well. Though I hear they don't care for it that much.

yeah,you definitely should get Ozma as well!they don't care about it for the recording quality,but consider Deutrom was the producer for that album and Buzz would hate anything coming from that man :D
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline PrickHonky

• sun ra was right
  • R.I.P. Dad 1949-2009 you are greatly missed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 03:32:41 PM »
Ozma also comes with GPT as bonus tracks as well, so you will have two copies  of that wonderful album.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

Offline nightwolf

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
ozma has a very specifc sound/production to it. takes a while to absorb, as its not the typical sludgey sound but you'll dig it

Offline PrickHonky

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »
ozma has a very specifc sound/production to it. takes a while to absorb, as its not the typical sludgey sound but you'll dig it

I once played ozma for some kid I used to work with and he told me that he thought it sounded the way his band did when they were in the garage just fucking around and not really trying to play.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Offline >>>JZS<<<

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »

I once played ozma for some kid I used to work with and he told me that he thought it sounded the way his band did when they were in the garage just fucking around and not really trying to play.

Did you point and laugh at him?

Offline PrickHonky

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 01:41:05 PM »

Did you point and laugh at him?

yes I did, especially because he listens to nothing but mainstream, corporate radio bullshit. not that I have a problem with people who do, but expand your fucking minds peoples

Uncle Fester

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »
maybe he has expanded his mind so far and beyond that he just ended up where he started.
kind of like the universe.

Offline (the) Razor

• Handler
  • Told you girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »
That's deep fester.
Don't click this

Offline Like Stee

• shit talking thieves
  • Moanin' Ludlow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »
Well, I guess I never really gave it that much consideration. I only go as far back as Bull-head (one of their very best albums btw) as far as my Melvins familiarity is concerned. So that means I'm missing out on Ozma too. Shit...I'll probably have to get that one as well. Though I hear they don't care for it that much.

Long live the Melvins.
Not to mention 10 songs/26 songs.  GPT is worth the price just for Eye Flys alone.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Offline PrickHonky

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »
maybe he has expanded his mind so far and beyond that he just ended up where he started.
kind of like the universe.

not this kid. he had his head so far up his "alternative/nu-metal" loving ass