Melvins vs Minneapolis

Started by PrickHonky, November 01, 2009, 03:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrickHonky

I just got a copy of this on Friday from an awesome Melvins fan Dudbean in Canada. This awesome cat contacted me out of the blue with an offer I couldn't refuse. Thanks Dudbean for looking out for me like that, it is greatly appreciated!  :toke: :toke:
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

ManWithNoName

These sets are amazing. Melvins as a trio with Kevin was an entirely different beast. A nasty, nasty beast.

homeless_dad

I wanna get my greasies on these recordings. 
Any links that anyone knows of?
Is Ian back yet??

Der L

homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??

Metalhead Cow

I won a bid of this CD set last year on ebay. And it's signed by Buzz and Dale. I later found out (according to posters on this forum) that the person who I bought it from on ebay, is none other than Dale's wife, Maureen.  :shock: She messaged me with a question about my shipping address. I think I still have the message on my ebay page.

(the) flutter nuts

I forgot I still need a copy of the 2nd pressing of this
I got the shits real bad.

homeless_dad

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 31, 2012, 09:28:15 PM
I won a bid of this CD set last year on ebay. And it's signed by Buzz and Dale. I later found out (according to posters on this forum) that the person who I bought it from on ebay, is none other than Dale's wife, Maureen.  :shock: She messaged me with a question about my shipping address. I think I still have the message on my ebay page.
Most righteous!  I bet Stallion would pay a pretty penny for such information
Is Ian back yet??

TosT

first pressing goes for that much? yow. i'm out of touch

Metalhead Cow

I love Buzz's spoken intro to disc one. When he's talking about it never been this cold in LA, someone says, "Yeah, it's called a winter storm watch"-Does anyone know if that is Dale or Kevin's voice? I think that' s Kevin saying that, but I'm not sure. Is that Kevin saying, "and if you don't like it, well then fuck you!" before they start let it all be?

alfunso

Would anyone be so kind as to burn this for me? Not sure if I have anything that is worth a trade but perhaps I could give you some dollars and sense. Anything helps.   

amazonAMAZON

I really liked the David Scott Stone noise intro on disc 2. Is that typical of that tour (DSS on bass era)? I wasn't going to Melvins shows yet at that point.

The noise intro elsewhere in the mp3 disc is not as good.

There's some great versions of "Cherub" and "Tequila" in there, too. I wish they'd put those out as studio or better quality live records.

Dumpster D

When I saw them live June 16th 2000 in Toronto the David scott stone portion kicked off the seond set and it was loud as hell...people were covering their ears and looking around like when is this ever going to stop...it was the greatest show I've ever seen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They were very very loud.