the Melvins Army fanclub

Started by anaconda, May 08, 2004, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Honey

Issue #4!? Are your sure about that? Only I thought there was just one Issue - #5...(?)

brian

Quote from: emptyhandedi got that p.i.t.w. newsletter #4 and i got a friend who was in the fanclub to  buy me a "we hate you all" shirt. unfortunately i am too fat to wear it.  but its still nice to have.

you should scan it in and i'll put it on the website for everyone to check out

Mesteren

Quote from: emptyhandedi got that p.i.t.w. newsletter #4 and i got a friend who was in the fanclub to  buy me a "we hate you all" shirt. unfortunately i am too fat to wear it.  but its still nice to have.

I just checked my Melvins memorabilia. I have 3 (unnumbered) issues of p.i.t.w. (not real newsletters - more like flyers, postcards etc), and then the Melvins newsletter #1 (spring 93), #2 (winter 93/94) and #3 (summer/fall 94).
The last one says "this is newsletter #3 for the Melvins Army, and sadly it is more than likely the last. We are, as we have said before, going to be starting a new fan club in 1995 which will be geared more towards smaller, more frequent mailings and will include more fan club only material and other goodies than the Melvins Army. It will also be slightly more expensive to join; probably around $10. We truly appreciate all of your support, and you will all be kept on a mailing list whether you join the new fan club or not. More info will be coming your way, so please don't send any money until we let you know".

Well, that was the last I heard from the fan club.......

I can see from the address header that I was member #0083. BEAT THAT!!!
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

benheatseeker

i too was a member, but i think that there was problems with who was in charge, i did get the limited video with all the music videos on it though! .  i wish someone would start another one...

pinkyslim

Can someone provide info on the Melvins newsletter which began in 1993.
I have the first 3 editions looking for more..
How many were made/distributed? :-s

FartLips

i've got number 4 or 5.  i need to make a better scan of it.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

pinkyslim

Hey fartdude,

Care for a trade of some sort?
I have a lot o MELVINS swag....
Please Let me know man... 8)

FartLips

Quote from: pinkyslim on July 29, 2008, 11:49:57 PM
Hey fartdude,

Care for a trade of some sort?
I have a lot o MELVINS swag....
Please Let me know man... 8)
its technically not mine, so i can't part with it. you never know when the day will come where she wants it back, and i sure as hell don't want to burn that very old bridge.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

KURDTLUVUR!

Why not get the copies posted somewhere on this site?
May all your dreams come true!

I will not kill you, Conda, perhaps only wound you with my razor-sharp axe. SCHNAP!!!  : )   - SchnabelA

Nuancing is for homo's.  - Norecess

Mesteren

Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on July 29, 2008, 11:55:31 PM
Why not get the copies posted somewhere on this site?

Hmm.... I'm quite sure I scanned issues 1-4 for Brian some years ago. And as far as I remember he even uploaded them on his site.  But I can't see them there anymore.....

Anyway,  I used to be member #83 of the Melvins Army Fan Club;  when I enlisted I received a T-shirt ('We hate you all'), a CD (Your Choice Live), an iron-on patch (Melvins Army),  and the newsletter. I think I received 4 (5?) newsletters in all, last one saying that they were dissolving the Melvins Army Fan Club, and were starting another..... never heard another word.

I've heard that some members got a video tape of promo-videos through the Fan Club, but I never heard word on it....
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

bathroom creep

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Mesteren

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 30, 2008, 02:40:13 PM
We need issue 4!

I never received issue 5, but I'm quite sure I received some kinda postcard or something..... maybe that's issue 4. I have to check that when I get home.....

brian

I got an e-mail from the fellow who ran the fan club a year or more ago, but he never replied to my reply. I'm unable to locate the e-mail now....

Mesteren

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 30, 2008, 02:40:13 PM
We need issue 4!

I think I found it.... it doesn't say 'issue 4' anywhere, but it's dated April 95 and called 'Pissing In The Wind' so I guess it has to be.....

Doesn't say much, though. It's a one-pager, strange format, folded once. Tourdates for the 'Tora Tora Tora' tour, some ranting from Dale, Buzz and Mark, a bit on up-coming releases ('Mangled Demo's, supposed to be out on Gasatanka Records), and that's basically it. I will try and see if I can make a scan soon.