what Melvins songs can you play?

Started by Tobias, January 27, 2010, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Incunabula

All of A senile animal, my band often throws A History of Drunks into our sets.
Nude With Boots
Kicking Machine
Suicide in Progress
Most of Houdini
Revolve
The Bit
Bar X the Rocking M
Boris
Charmicharmicat
Divorced...more but I'm forgetting.

glen

Quote from: nightwolf on January 27, 2010, 10:54:03 PM
Puge Digital Silence
though i have problems at the bridge part a secnod chorus

please report to the "punch-in-the-gut" line immediately.
:)
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

rictus

Quote from: glen on January 28, 2010, 01:11:11 PM
Quote from: nightwolf on January 27, 2010, 10:54:03 PM
Puge Digital Silence
though i have problems at the bridge part a secnod chorus

please report to the "punch-in-the-gut" line immediately.
:)

And to your spelling teacher.

glen

Quote from: rictus on January 28, 2010, 01:35:25 PM

hey man.. what do you do, follow me around and try to find ways to fuck with me?
you and spunkmonkey should get together. you'd get along famously.

EDIT:   oh!  I KAN SPEL!!  ETS DA UDDER GUYE KANT SPEL!   :D

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

rictus

Quote from: glen on January 28, 2010, 01:41:34 PM

hey man.. what do you do, follow me around and try to find ways to fuck with me?

It's not all about you Glen.   :P

glen

Quote from: rictus on January 28, 2010, 01:52:21 PM
Quote from: glen on January 28, 2010, 01:41:34 PM

It's not all about you Glen.   :P

if we only still had that karma thing...    :wink:

nightwolf

i was starting to worry a bit that no one "got" my shitty joke

I am the Sun

Mad Arab

I can play quite a few of them on guitar. GGIIBBYY is one of my favorites to play. Boris is fun to play cuz you have to be careful not to bend the notes to far.

moderndayviking

Oh Yeah!  I forgot to take my pills.....

BallsFunky

most all of them, although there are some tricky noises and solos on H.A.T

I love getting all my gear turned to 11 and playing the POTRE riff for hours on end. My neighbors love it too.
Actually, a drummer buddy and I did a 3 hour nonstop POTRE jam and the only thing that shut it down was the cops that my neighbors called.

Apparently, they tried banging on our door and walked around to the windows while we were spaced out on ganja food just blasting this mega melvins jam. We had a good laugh about that one. One of the cops was some young guy and he made a little side comment... like "sounded good, guys... just way too loud for your neighbors"

RomanBirdDog

night goat, history of bad men, pigs of the roman empire, the bloat, mary lady bobbykins, blood witch, boris, sky pup, jew boy flower head, oven, its shoved, lizzy, going blind, pearl bomb, ballad of dwight fry, black bock, at the stake, copache, on bass

Tobias

Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

Dumpster D

Roll another one!

I got an anounement

we need to start a few melvins cover bands out of this forum!!

let me know who's looking for a Drummer, guitarist/bassist/singer?

I can do most melvins, but no les paul and need a 24'' crash or two..heh.

my old band liked to think they covered honey bucket...but we never practiced it more than two or 3 nights ever...and never intended to do covers live, plus melvins songs can only be played as good as when the melvins play them.

give me any old melvins album and see how long it takes me to figure out glow god/ echo head....big as a mountain again...I will probly end up playing along with the entire thing on guitar...I dare say I could do that on drums...yeesh...I need my double kick
...old melvins was the first place I began to learn on drums and guitar.

reminds me of "marks record reviews" (remember that site?) the best thing I ever read was someones comment about the song leech
"three words...drum fade out!!!"

but anyone interested in, or doing a project...or even cheap analog recordings I like the collaboration thing between bands works more or less for me as a trade off ie:  a pass it on or swap project kinda deal...(think Crybaby) ...e-mail me or send me any thoughts

lets pose another question at this point, what melvins song CAN'T I play?

um...I'd like to see any of you Bozo's make it through 2 minutes of Brain centre at whipples on drums!

oh and if someone can name the chord buzz hits at the end of that song...I'm interested to see who gets that one!

( not that I know or anything, but It sounds like a 7th chord,  or even somethin augmented depending HOW you played it.)

I'd guess Dm7 but I know that's probly wrong, am I close? I never tried to play it, but yeah...

anyone read the interview where buzz talks about how he showed soundgarden guitar guy how to Drop D?