Pitchfork media's choice for best Melvins album of the past decade is

Started by MrLuck87, February 08, 2010, 06:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

I think it might be low too. There could be some talk of it only being 9 tracks and lots of covers. Pitchfork suggesting the band are running on empty or such. It is destined that Chicken Switch will never be beaten!!

Fureon Nectarmoon

Блядь, это каким надо быть долбоёбом, чтобы оценить HAT на 5.6?! Ёбаный в рот...
...Sorry, seeing their 5.6 score for HAT evoked such primal rage in me I busted out swearing in my native language.
These scores make no sense whatsoever. :cobain:

GiveMe45

GrimReaper

Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 17, 2018, 09:04:25 PM
At this point, does anyone care about Pitchfucks opinion?

No, Pitchfork can lick my sack and like it.

johnnyg

Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 17, 2018, 09:04:25 PM
At this point, does anyone care about Pitchfucks opinion?

At this point, not really. Over past 2-3 years they've mostly lost their ability to influence the public, but for a good while, their review could seriously make or break the sales of a record... maybe not a Melvins record, but a record considered "cool" by "cool type" music press. The best example would be the Dismemberment Plan guy's solo record, which they gave a 0.0 and it basically destroyed his career. But, on the other hand, that's what happens when your audience is built up of mostly"flavor of the moment" type audience. I think we can all agree that Melvins really have operated outside of trends their entire career, so a pitchfork review, at any stage, isn't likely to affect them too much. If pitchfork gave them a glowing review and that caught on, it could bring in some new audience, but Buzz has stated several times before that the Melvins audience usually loses about 1/3 old fans and gains a new 1/3 of fans every album cycle.