Melvins/Isis split 12"

Started by rimb, February 19, 2010, 05:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimb

Fuck karma....

http://twitter.com/HydraHead/status/9318924715

Quoteoh fuck, we forgot to mention MELVINS/ISIS split 12". If you rat us out karma will fuck you.

Rev. Mike

It would be better news if it were a 1 sided Melvins 12".  isis are so fucking horrible.  That side of my record will remain mint.

Jozzy

Quote from: Rev. Mike on February 19, 2010, 07:48:17 AM
isis are so fucking horrible.  That side of my record will remain mint.

No kidding. I hate that band.

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

>>>JZS<<<

It's a new Melvins release you pooper scoopers!!!

Don't be such picky bitches. :D

jlamour

Isis sucks.  I love the Melvins but they get associated with some terrible musicians.

moderndayviking

How do we order?  It isn't up on the Hydra head site, or am I missing something?
Oh Yeah!  I forgot to take my pills.....

Rev. Mike

I would guess this could be up to a year wait.  If not more.  Give it 6 months after they mention it on their blog.

glen

Quote from: Jozzy on February 19, 2010, 08:40:21 AM

finally! something we can agree upon!
:)

would you say they're as bad as mastodon? or worse?
:wink:
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

the ether bunny

Quote from: glen on February 19, 2010, 11:30:59 AM

glen, they're up to par with one another in the ways of suck.
he was a mongoloid.

jules

Quote from: Rev. Mike on February 19, 2010, 11:28:38 AM
I would guess this could be up to a year wait.  If not more.  Give it 6 months after they mention it on their blog.
I emailed them about this and, sure enough, their reply was:

The slotted release date is June.  Stay tuned to our blog/twitter, they'll be further info available there as the release approaches.

Braykfast

It's funny. They (Isis, Mastodon) play music that I can't play. However, I don't write them off as sucking. They actually make great music. I would agree that other bands they associate with may have the potential for serious suckage, but they themselves have not sucked, nor put out a sucky record.

But...this is the melvins board, and I'm quite certain the consensus of the few and the elder will have their exclusionary principals heard.

(Ka-kow.)
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

Jozzy

Quote from: glen on February 19, 2010, 11:30:59 AM

Whatchu talking 'bout, glen?

I happen to like a lot of the same bands as you. And as far as bands that I like and you don't like...well, I can't help the fact that I have better taste in music than you.

( :D)

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Rev. Mike on February 19, 2010, 11:28:38 AM
I would guess this could be up to a year wait.  If not more.  Give it 6 months after they mention it on their blog.

Yep,and I know for a fact that the Melvins track wasn't even recorded as of 2 weeks ago...my guess is a Summer release.

I also know something else.