The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gesundheit

For me, this album already has a "classic" Melvins feel to it...

I fucking love every minute of it. From the first riff and 1,2...1, 2, 3, 4!!!..till the last Peggy Gordon and 4...4...4...44444

TheLegitMan93

I've grown to like the part before the final section of "Hospital Up" very much. But rubber chicken jazz rules also.

Justafilthylurker

The songs are great, but the production sounds best coming out a crappy pair of speakers for some reason.

And how can anyone skip peggy gordon? shit is beautiful ffs

glen

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 20, 2010, 06:47:03 PM
Quote from: the bloat on December 20, 2010, 04:59:52 PM
I skip out on The Water Glass after the awesome riff and drum barrage. Basically as soon as the drill sargeant bit gets going.  :oops:

The other tracks fucking rip.
I agree.

3rded ed.

the drill sargent bit was cool the first 10 or so times I listened to it.   
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

MrLuck87

Quote from: glen on January 03, 2011, 06:51:06 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 20, 2010, 06:47:03 PM
Quote from: the bloat on December 20, 2010, 04:59:52 PM
I skip out on The Water Glass after the awesome riff and drum barrage. Basically as soon as the drill sargeant bit gets going.  :oops:

The other tracks fucking rip.
I agree.

3rded ed.

the drill sargent bit was cool the first 10 or so times I listened to it.   

I think it's a lot of fun to sing a long with it.  Plus it makes Evil New War God sound even heavier after sitting through the drill sargent bit.  It's classic Melvins.

(the) Razor

Vocals are back to their best I think on that track. I had some issues with vocals on recent Melvins efforts. I'd call describe them as whack if I was black.
Don't click this

alfunso

they were selling a new LP at the Merch table at the show. I didnt get it but would love to hear more about it if you did buy it.  Also posters, including Buzz's Bewitched Poster for $50,,alfunso

stonerwitch

shitstorm. everytime. I like the Stag references here. But overall it the best out of their last four. IMO
You sink a my swan

EvilNewWarGod

I LOVED this album from the very first time I heard it. Everything about it works for me, I can't think of anything on it that bothers me. I really hope they come down to Florida some time soon, as I would love to hear this stuff live plus check out what kind of limited tour swag they are offering.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

jules

Quote from: stonerwitch on January 13, 2011, 07:07:17 PM
shitstorm. everytime. I like the Stag references here. But overall it the best out of their last four. IMO
Best avatar for ages! Viv Stanshall ruled.

GrimReaper

I've been wondering why Melvins named the song Water Glass?
Because it's first, and at dinner the first thing served is a glass of water?
Buzz thinking about eating dinner?

Shatz

Because the water glass is half full.
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

Dr.Benway

Quote from: GrimReaper on August 29, 2011, 06:14:52 PM

I've been wondering why Melvins named the song Water Glass?
Because it's first, and at dinner the first thing served is a glass of water?
Buzz thinking about eating dinner?

http://www.thespiritwiki.com/index.php/Water_Glass_Metaphor

Dumpster D

Gives new meaning to Is the glass half empty or half full?

TosT

what do you guys feel is a reasonable price to pay for one of the vinyls now?

missed out on the original issue. not picky on which edition. there was one that just expired on ebay for $125 (adam jones art). not sure if anyone here was selling that, but i just couldn't quite bring myself to cough it up when it was $50 to begin with.

there's another listed now for $150...

wish i'd never started collecting the records