Don't click this

black stallion

pretty sure P.G. x 3 will be the heaviest track on the new album  :love:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

gesundheit

And no album titled song either...hmmmm

There were POTRE, NWB and which other?

Mad Arab

Inhumanity and Death??? James Hetfield must have contributed that title for the album.

I say Electric Flower will be the heaviest.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: (((O))) on March 30, 2010, 03:50:13 PM
Quote from: black stallion on March 30, 2010, 02:45:38 PM
pretty sure P.G. x 3 will be the heaviest track on the new album  :love:
That'd suit me just fine. I hope Bride ends up being the bastard love child of Maggot/Pigs plus a Who track! Oh yeah!!  8)

Word Up.

nightwolf

Quote from: Birth Of The Cool on March 30, 2010, 06:04:51 PM
Inhumanity and Death??? James Hetfield must have contributed that title for the album.

:lol:

MrLuck87

I may not be the best person to review a new Melvins album because I am a huge fan and love pretty much everything they have ever done, but when it comes down to it that doesn't really matter.  The new Melvins album sounds very little like anything they, or any other band, has done ever before.

If you've listened to the clips off amazon.com you may be under the impression that this a relatively straightforward rock album that sounds like a mix between their earlier efforts "The Maggot" and "A Senile Animal".  If that's the vibe you got you will be completely shocked hearing this for the first time!

What makes "The Bride Screamed Murder" stand out more than anything is how inconceivably unpredictable it is.  One minute you'll hear a powerful riff that could easily be stretched into an entire song and then, seemingly out of nowhere, it completely changes.  This change could be as subtle as a jazzy drum solo or notes shifting around on each speaker, or it could be as drastic as having an army chant in the middle of a song.  Although this makes each song sound a little daunting at first in the long run it adds an incredible amount of depth.

One of the best examples of how completely unpredictable this album is comes at the end of "Hospital Up".  The surprisingly thought provoking lyric "Hey remember - it won't be how you found it.  Hey forget it - it won't be what you wanted" comes up and it is almost immediately followed by what appears to be a stab at John Zorn's "goose honking New York jazz scene".  But wait, there's more!  Then THAT is immediately followed by the semi-traditional Melvins rocker "Inhumanity and Death".  Of course this song only seems normal by this albums standards.  It still makes "The Bloated Pope" and "The Smiling Cobra" seem completely normal by comparison.

"The Bride Screamed Murder" is complex, challenging, heavy, weird, and completely unlike anything you have heard before.  But that certainly isn't a bad thing.  You'll discover new, interesting, and intriguing aspects about every song on each listen and it's extremely rewarding.  I'll be surprised if a better album comes out this year.

Leroy

"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle!" haha

MrLuck87

Quote from: gesundheit on March 30, 2010, 05:23:13 PM
And no album titled song either...hmmmm

There were POTRE, NWB and which other?

You!
You learned how to cry
And I don't think your sorry
You need a little smack of reality
And I'm gonna' be
Sick

Now you take the test
I ask you "do you like it?"
I've tasted better boards on a gluey porch
And I LAUGH

anaconda

>>>JZS<<<

anaconda

Seriously, go listen with headphones.

Like Stee

It sounds more like "I don't think" on the original version as well as the demo version, but he definitely says "how to fake" on the electroretard version.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Breakfast Sandwiches

the last thing I am expecting is a heavy album. would be nice, but unlikely

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Akram75 on March 31, 2010, 07:19:50 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on March 30, 2010, 06:05:11 PM
Word Up.

You are not black jzs so don't try to speak like us you clown.
The new album has a few "heavy" tracks on it but is by and large not what you're all expecting. All i'm going to say on the matter is "Rickets" and "In The Freaktose The Bugs Are Dying".

Fuck You Dude !! I happen to be a fan of Cameo, you sandy cunt !!
I didn't know I had to be a certain color to use certain words. You can kiss my Greek ass !