The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the baron

Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 05, 2010, 03:30:22 PM
Quote from: The Fool on May 05, 2010, 01:39:37 AM
Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 04, 2010, 07:49:49 PM
Well, post a review in the album discussion. I will not download it. I will wait like a good boy should.

fuck that- it's not going to sound any different/better on 01 june.

why would you prefer to read reviews than hear it yourself anyway?
...does it really matter what anyone else thinks?!?

Because I am not a thief. So I figure whoever illegally downloads this album could at least redeem themselves a bit with some sort of review.

Plus, there should not be any links posted in here to get it illegally. Otherwise you are risking this site being taken down for doing it.

So you're the 5th horseman... High, right?

Mad Arab

Uh...no? It's difficult trying to make out what you just said or what you meant. Must be that new crazy way kids these days talk. What with all that texting nowadays robbed kids of the ability to write cogent sentences.

EDIT Ah, there you go. You fixed your post.

blag jesus himself

this album is god damn great.
insulting somebody's grammar skills while at the same time fucking up the tense in your own sentence is god damn greater.

Jozzy

Quote from: blag jesus himself on May 05, 2010, 04:09:15 PM
insulting somebody's grammar skills while at the same time fucking up the tense in your own sentence is god damn greater.

:lol:

Mad Arab

The tense is just fine and grammatically correct. Just think of all the hard work Buzz and the boys put into this album only to have it illegally downloaded. I wonder how many are actually going to buy the album when it comes out? I already know the answer. Everybody will, right? Wink. Wink.

ManWithNoName

Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 05, 2010, 04:20:20 PM

The tense is just fine and grammatically correct. Just think of all the hard work Buzz and the boys put into this album only to have it illegally downloaded. I wonder how many are actually going to buy the album when it comes out? I already know the answer. Everybody will, right? Wink. Wink.
Here's an idea, get off your fucking high horse. The majority of the people on this board support the Melvins financially in more ways than one which includes but is not limited to buying the albums. Take a quick peak at "post your melvins collection" and you'll see what I mean.

If anyone here wants to get a taste of the album before the buy it (because most will), then so be it.

Mad Arab

What that feeling is called is guilt. You feel ashamed for downloading their album illegally.

spunkmonkey

QuoteWhat with all that texting nowadays robbed kids of the ability to write cogent sentences.

QuoteThe tense is just fine and grammatically correct.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wrong cochise.

Personally, I'll wait to buy it, but I could give a fuckall if someone else can't wait.

blag jesus himself

if it's any consolation, for every person on this board who downloads Bride without buying it later, there's an asshole like me that spends $25 on that ep that just came out with a slightly extended dies irea and youth of america - both of which i already own. fair enough?

ManWithNoName

nah, you're still going to hell.

Mad Arab

Whats wrong with the sentence? Point it out then? Are you talking about the word "robbed"? The tense is fine in that texting has been around for awhile and the effects have already taken place as evidenced in the previous post I referred to above. So the word "robbed" is apt.

Mad Arab

Who needs a "taste" of the Melvins in here before the album actually hits the stores? Do you doubt them or their ability to put out an album that is worth the money? COD or Prick is an arguable point I guess, but 2 albums out of the rest gives reason to try it (illegally at that) before you buy it?

blag jesus himself

when i was a kid, i always looked in my mom's closet for my christmas presents.  when she got wise to that, i had to look at the receipts in her purse. old habits die hard.

MrLuck87

Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 05, 2010, 03:30:22 PM
Quote from: The Fool on May 05, 2010, 01:39:37 AM
Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 04, 2010, 07:49:49 PM
Well, post a review in the album discussion. I will not download it. I will wait like a good boy should.

fuck that- it's not going to sound any different/better on 01 june.

why would you prefer to read reviews than hear it yourself anyway?
...does it really matter what anyone else thinks?!?

Because I am not a thief. So I figure whoever illegally downloads this album could at least redeem themselves a bit with some sort of review.

Plus, there should not be any links posted in here to get it illegally. Otherwise you are risking this site being taken down for doing it.

I'm approaching my 15th listen which is probably more than anyone on this board who isn't linked to The Melvins.  I plan on writing a review soon but this really isn't an easy album to review.  I think trying to explain Singles 1-12 would be an easier task.

I plan on buying this in June.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy it from amazon or buy it at the show.

Mad Arab

Quote from: (((O))) on May 05, 2010, 04:50:37 PM
Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 05, 2010, 04:40:10 PM2 albums out of the rest
Make that 3. You forget Chicken Switch!  :)

To be honest I haven't heard Chicken Switch. Is it really terrible?  But 3 albums out of the many they have put out leads one to think  that they gotta hear the album before they buy it? Thats the point. It's a lame excuse in my opinion.