The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus Khan

Melvins never let me down.  Name one other band that has existed as long and hasn't sucked or split up or reformed for big bucks.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

MrLuck87

Quote from: Angus Khan on May 06, 2010, 01:47:03 PM
Melvins never let me down.  Name one other band that has existed as long and hasn't sucked or split up or reformed for big bucks.

Nomeansno

Quote from: Angus Khan on May 06, 2010, 01:47:03 PM
Melvins never let me down.  Name one other band that has existed as long and hasn't sucked or split up or reformed for big bucks while frequently touring and releasing high quality albums that are always unpredictable.

No one.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: glen on May 06, 2010, 01:37:58 PM
its got that "I don't give a fuck if you like it or not" feel.

part of what makes melvins MELVINS.

I still stand by it.

Funny, that why people didn't like the last Big Biz album.

This album is solid proof that at times the Melvins are Aural Da-Daists of the highest order.

dr.ghira

Masterpiece! The very first album i like with BB. It's so much more than a collection of songs like ASA and NWB. But: King Buzzo should use his Les Pauls again, this blech-guitar sounds weak!

Bitches of Copacabana

I hear more Alice Cooper on this than Lysol and Along Came a Spider combined.
"Be-bop boot and shoe, ding dong the bell has been rang."

Rev. Mike

Quote from: Bitches of Copacabana on May 06, 2010, 02:27:37 PM
I hear more Alice Cooper on this than Lysol and Along Came a Spider combined.

Now that you mention it, Pretties and Easy action are pretty good references for this album.  I will have to listen to it with those ears.

ManWithNoName

Buzz uses several different guitars for recording. The Les Paul and his new metal guitar are what he uses live.

He's said multiple times he's written/recorded so many songs with so many guitars he couldn't tell you which came from where.

pinkyslim

Am I the only one who hasn't listened to Bride? :shock:
Patience sucks.

gesundheit

Me three...standing strong...

nickoctane

What's the big deal? Listen now, buy on June 1st (I'll be buying it at the murch table to ensure the Melvins get as much of my money as possible). There, my conscious is clear.

jules

Quote from: (((O))) on May 06, 2010, 03:41:20 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 06, 2010, 03:39:39 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't listened to Bride? :shock:
Patience sucks.
No Pinky me too!  :(
I'm gonna wait, too. These pages are building it up beautifully!

gesundheit

Quote from: nickoctane on May 06, 2010, 04:06:27 PM
What's the big deal? Listen now, buy on June 1st (I'll be buying it at the murch table to ensure the Melvins get as much of my money as possible). There, my conscious is clear.

I just prefer to hear it live first, I believe I've stated this opinion on numerous occasions (but that was, shit, like 30 pages ago)...and I could care less about downloading it...

It's truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Well, for this album at least. It would be interesting if I tried to do that for every album from now on too. I have a good chance at that as long as I can hit up one of the shows early on in the album's tour. They usually start somewhere on the west coast.

nickoctane

Quote from: gesundheit on May 06, 2010, 04:30:35 PM

I just prefer to hear it live first, I believe I've stated this opinion on numerous occasions (but that was, shit, like 30 pages ago)...and I could care less about downloading it...

Well, for this album at least. It would be interesting if I tried to do that for every album from now on too. I have a good chance at that as long as I can hit up one of the shows early on in the album's tour. They usually start somewhere on the west coast.
See you at the Casbah?

pinkyslim

Quote from: nickoctane on May 06, 2010, 04:40:02 PM
Quote from: gesundheit on May 06, 2010, 04:30:35 PM

See you at the Casbah?

If no LA shows are announced..I will make the drive..
I have a sneaky suspicion the MELVINS will announce an AMOEBA day set and a Troubador set. :-k

Angus Khan

Los Angelians are so lucky.  I'd move there if it wasn't for earthquakes, sharks and drive bys.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.