The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

I would hereby spatter in my trousers If I randomly saw that pinball machine, I think I'd hear something that would catch my ear and draw me in....and well...I don't know if I could beleive my eyes if I really DID see one of those in my lifetime.

what a great concept!

you will go on to do great things with ideas like that.

jules

......is it me or am I fucking exhausted?

Idlehanz

Quote from: jules on May 14, 2010, 04:30:24 PM
:lol:

It's getting weird in here. 

jules

Quote from: Idlehanz on May 14, 2010, 04:54:35 PM
Quote from: jules on May 14, 2010, 04:30:24 PM
:lol:

It's getting weird in here. 
Meet you on the beach for a glass of wine in ten minutes.

Mad Arab

Quote from: U4x Danny on May 13, 2010, 10:11:50 PM
Quote from: Jared Preston Esquire on May 13, 2010, 09:27:10 PM
Aww, I'm sorry that this has been discussed before...you feel old. Big deal.

Point.  Missed.

Then I apologize. I misunderstood what you meant.

Mad Arab

The pinball machine idea is awesome. It should be illustrated with dark looking graphics based on the first Fantomas release.

SirDrinksalot

Wit = (Brevity) + (Resistance to hitting 'return' after every random thought entering squash) - (Relevance)   ](*,)
You had your chance and you gargled it's balls!

cheeseburger

Best album  in a long time....I adore it.
That is all.

Mad Arab

I did not download it, however I was able to listen to an online stream of the entire album. I think it's good overall but the last track PGx3 in my opinion is a throwaway track much like Spread Eagle Beagle from the Houdini studio album. I never listen to it. I'll Finish You Off is probably my favorite off the album. This opinion is just based off a one time listen though. As for The Who cover they call My Generation?, it's decent but I was underwhelmed by it. Makes me wish even more that they would have put their version of Let Me Roll It on the album instead.

Chris P. Bacon

We may see Let It Roll in a later vinyl release?

you think?
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

Like Stee

...and what of the Kinks cover with Clem Snide of Blondie?
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Idlehanz

I think they chose My Generation because there was a lot more room to 'play around' with it.  Plus, their take on it is different from the original, whereas they kind of did a straight cover of Let Me Roll It.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: (((O))) on May 15, 2010, 03:41:31 PM
Quote from: Jared Preston Esquire on May 15, 2010, 01:02:52 PM
PGx3 in my opinion is a throwaway track  I never listen to it. As for The Who cover they call My Generation?, it's decent but I was underwhelmed by it. Makes me wish even more that they would have put their version of Let Me Roll It on the album instead.
I completely agree. i've listened to Bride probably like 30 times now but P.G.x3 only about twice. Not my cup of tea at all! Let Me Roll It would have been way way WAY better. Gotta disagree about My Generation tho - sounds great to me.

I think P.G.x3 is awesome ... on it's own as a stand alone tune it is great ... even if it wasn't the Melvins ... but because it seems like such a left turn for them ... it's even better ... confounding and confusing expectations ... Although not overtly ... it is somehow creepy as shit even while being angelic and tender ... and that ending 4444444444444 ... fucking awesome ... real Surfers' vibe ... Definatly one of the standouts for me! The way it works as closer reminds me alot of Prig from Bootliker ... another killer tune ... underrated and definately not a throw away!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Idlehanz

I don't get the Surfers vibe myself, but I do agree it was totally unexpected.  I still hope they close out the shows with it.  It'd be a great ending and totally upset all the beefheads wanting to hear Revolve or Honeybucket again, so they can get one last punch on someone in the pit.

(the) Razor

This album is a grower. Once you get familiar to the stupid parts in the songs.
Don't click this