The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

deatheats

deatheats

deatheats

Spin "reviews" The Bride Screamed Murder.

By Christopher R. Weingarten

(3.5 out of 5 Stars)
These expressionist metal muckos have always jammed a little bubblegum in their bristles, dating back to the punked-out Cars and Kiss covers of their earliest days. But King Buzzo, et al.'s 19th studio album is downright sugary, a sludge-pop romp that mostly plays like a distortion-charred version of the Bay City Rollers or Sweet. Their double-drummer lineup is more playful as well, developing colors other than "bludgeon," while indulging in cartoonish free jazz and devilishly funky Adam Ant pummel.

http://www.spin.com/reviews/melvins-bride-screamed-murder-ipecac

MrLuck87

Quote from: deatheats on May 24, 2010, 04:52:33 PM
Spin "reviews" The Bride Screamed Murder.

By Christopher R. Weingarten

(3.5 out of 5 Stars)
These expressionist metal muckos have always jammed a little bubblegum in their bristles, dating back to the punked-out Cars and Kiss covers of their earliest days. But King Buzzo, et al.'s 19th studio album is downright sugary, a sludge-pop romp that mostly plays like a distortion-charred version of the Bay City Rollers or Sweet. Their double-drummer lineup is more playful as well, developing colors other than "bludgeon," while indulging in cartoonish free jazz and devilishly funky Adam Ant pummel.

http://www.spin.com/reviews/melvins-bride-screamed-murder-ipecac

That's just awful writing.  Love or hate the album I don't see how you can pull anything out of the review.  It's not even the least bit entertaining. 

Anyway, I don't know if It's been mentioned but Mark Prindle gave the album 8 out of 10 and the review is pretty funny too.

http://markprindle.com/melvinsa.htm#bride

"Also, I totally made up that bit about Jared coming up with all the ideas. The mastermind of the project was, of course (as always), The Christian Jesus God. The Melvins' bodies were simply a conduit through which he delivered his message of musical commandments. Thank you, Christian Jesus God, for another ass-kicking Melvins album! "

It's funny because it's true.  :lol:

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Vcavallo on May 24, 2010, 03:19:47 PM
hey guys

Were you supposed to have done some kind of interview or something ?

BC

Damn!! This topic has 70 pages?!?  Just tried to listen to the mp3 samples!  Flash no workee. Dial  up no workee either!
Managed to hear a very choppy version of the first track.
=D&gt;

bUTTHOLEmAN

VINNEY and PLUCKY return on the same day?!? It must be a full moon or something..welcome back! 

Vinney, you'll be sad to know that Fart has been restricted from visiting the melvins.net forum.   :(
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

this album is very rapidly becoming really really good.

and the part I like best about it is that some of the guitar parts sound like me.
:?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

DC

Those guitar parts can go fuck themselves.

(Come on guys. Glen BUXTON. Alice Cooper fame. Not to take ol' G. P. Whosits for granted...)

Idlehanz

Quote from: Dc on May 25, 2010, 12:09:55 AM
Those guitar parts can go fuck themselves.

Don't make me come down there and punch you in the nose larynx. I couldn't resist! <3 anaconda

molotov

I didn't hear it yet.

Am I need to be banned?

glen

Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 02:13:08 AM
I didn't hear it yet.

Am I need to be banned?

know that somewhere out there dale crover loves you.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

molotov

Quote from: glen on May 25, 2010, 04:45:14 AM
know that somewhere out there dale crover loves you.
I know. I always knew it.
Dale Crover is like Jesus but he can play drums.

norecess

Quote from: Jared Preston Esquire on May 23, 2010, 06:01:38 PM
Quote from: norecess on May 23, 2010, 02:14:46 PM
Quote from: Jared Preston Esquire on May 22, 2010, 01:45:21 PM
After hearing the internet stream of the album

you mean you downloaded it, because that's what it technically is. from now on you can you just say you downloaded it. and yes, that is illegal where you're from.
No, it's not the same. I don't own a physical copy of the album nor do I have the music  files illegally stored on any digital device. Otherwise YouTube and other streaming sites would be shut down and sued out the wazoo. It's not like YouTube is some kind of underground site that hardly anyone knows about.  Nice try. Also I did not upload the album anywhere. So there is no theivery on my end.  

i was half-messing with you, i know you like to spar.

so instead of robbing the candy store, you let the other kids do the robbing, keeping your own hands clean. you may not own a physical copy but watching the album on youtube doesn't make you less of a thief than the next guy.

the only real thief here is the guy who leaked the album. you use technology as much as we all do, and using google isn't any less obscure than youtube. and no one's gonna sue youtube under the motto 'if you cant beat them, join them' -- something the melvins could learn a great deal from.