The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Halen

Quote from: TosT on June 14, 2012, 10:31:15 PM
what do you guys feel is a reasonable price to pay for one of the vinyls now?

missed out on the original issue. not picky on which edition. there was one that just expired on ebay for $125 (adam jones art). not sure if anyone here was selling that, but i just couldn't quite bring myself to cough it up when it was $50 to begin with.

there's another listed now for $150...

wish i'd never started collecting the records

Ive been scoping these out lately, online if you spend $80-100 you are on the lower side of things I think. I'm after one too, please dont outbid me!  :lol:
Los ticka toe rest

Mad Arab

Don't buy vinyl. Save your money.

black stallion

Quote from: EvilNewWarGod on March 28, 2011, 10:27:37 PM
I LOVED this album from the very first time I heard it. Everything about it works for me, I can't think of anything on it that bothers me. I really hope they come down to Florida some time soon, as I would love to hear this stuff live plus check out what kind of limited tour swag they are offering.

i really like it too,speaking of their most recent stuff it's a close second after ASA for me. not sure where to put Freak Puke yet since i didn't listen to it as much as i'd want
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Jackie Treehorn on June 15, 2012, 05:22:38 PM
Don't buy vinyl. Save your money.

....WRONG......you buy Melvins vinyl, a whole lotta Melvins vinyl !!! ....NOW, you go buy ! ........Now, you go !!!!

Metalhead Cow

I just skimmed through this whole thread for old times's sake.  :P
The Bride Screamed Murder is great. I wish they'd play more of the songs live.

LuckMach3

I found this comment on a youtube video.  I found it interesting whether it's true or not.

"Melvins albums generally tell a story. It's not always that apparent, but usually they do. This one is the story of someone joining the millitary, being injured, being operated on, comming back home still wound up from war and committing suicide."
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: LuckMach3 on July 06, 2013, 12:03:44 AM
I found this comment on a youtube video.  I found it interesting whether it's true or not.

"Melvins albums generally tell a story. It's not always that apparent, but usually they do. This one is the story of someone joining the millitary, being injured, being operated on, comming back home still wound up from war and committing suicide."
Probably just a fan interpretation. So far I know only one album that is confirmed to have a story go along with it - The Bulls & The Bees, which is about "animal royalty... just before the slaughter". Nothing else has been confirmed, and in a recent interview Buzz even said he doesn't even remember which order the songs were in on the older albums.

))))((((

Have to say this record has gone up in my estimation a little over the years since it was released. Listened to it twice in the last week or so. Still not overly fond of 'PGX3' but it does serve well as a closer.

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 14, 2016, 02:38:51 AM
Have to say this record has gone up in my estimation a little over the years since it was released. Listened to it twice in the last week or so. Still not overly fond of 'PGX3' but it does serve well as a closer.
Yeah, I thought it was a big drop off from (A)SA and NWB at the time it came out. But once I put the heavy stuff like Electric Flower on a tape with the first two albums, I could see that the whole band had evolved a lot in ways I couldn't detect before. Probably helped that I had heard Freak Puke and Tres Cabrones at that point.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

the ether bunny

I honestly haven't listened to this in years, but I put it on my mp3 player tonight. Looking forward to a revisit during the next work week.
he was a mongoloid.

LuckMach3

You mean the people that said, "it's shit" over and over again with no real commentary might have been wrong?!?   

:shock:
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

MrShikadance

Still play Bride regularly, Electric Flower and Hospital Up are pure class +

amazonAMAZON

I was today years old when I realized why they did what they did with "My Generation." Since the original featured stuttering, they took on alternate speech impediments. I now think it's genius (as opposed to thinking it just in bad taste).

PepsiMike

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 22, 2020, 04:35:32 PM
I was today years old when I realized why they did what they did with "My Generation." Since the original featured stuttering, they took on alternate speech impediments. I now think it's genius (as opposed to thinking it just in bad taste).
What speech impediment did they use for the song?

amazonAMAZON