More Gluttony style releases

Started by (((O))), April 01, 2010, 03:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(((O)))

I'd love if the band released live versions of ALL the albums el la 'Houdini Live'. It's way better than the proper Houdini and i (plus you of course) would snap them all up in a giddy, heightened state of utter glee. Can you imagine it? Stoner Witch Live, The Maggot Live, Bullhead Live............goddarn it.

nothintothenotice

Like Stee

I'd vote for a live Bullhead release.  Boris.  Think of how amazing Cow could be with the dual drummer line up.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

anaconda

Good idea. They should do a live recording with Trevor Dunn of every album

joel

I always found it very interesting that they chose to do Houdini live as a conceptual front-to-back. It seems an arbitrary decision since they--or at least Buzz--certainly don't favor that release over any of the others. Perhaps it has to do with its status as a fan-favorite or where it may fall in relation to their catalog of albums. I don't know. It seems like there are other albums more deserving of the treatment. Happy to see they did it with Eggnog and Lysol as well, but as I never got to see one of those shows (sad face) I would really love a live album.

Also, Bullhead live! Holy shit. I've been waiting to see Anaconda live all of my life and I still haven't had the chance. Love how Buzz air slams the neck of his guitar when he hits that E minor, which just may be the heaviest chord in the history of god.

DUH nuh DUH DUH nuh DUH DUH DUH

MrLuck87

Quote from: joel on April 04, 2010, 09:41:26 PM
I always found it very interesting that they chose to do Houdini live as a conceptual front-to-back. It seems an arbitrary decision since they--or at least Buzz--certainly don't favor that release over any of the others. Perhaps it has to do with its status as a fan-favorite or where it may fall in relation to their catalog of albums. I don't know. It seems like there are other albums more deserving of the treatment. Happy to see they did it with Eggnog and Lysol as well, but as I never got to see one of those shows (sad face) I would really love a live album.

Also, Bullhead live! Holy shit. I've been waiting to see Anaconda live all of my life and I still haven't had the chance. Love how Buzz air slams the neck of his guitar when he hits that E minor, which just may be the heaviest chord in the history of god.

Buzz said the festival asked them to play Houdini.  If they asked for Stag or Lysol he probably would have agreed to that as well.  I also remember reading that he was thankful that they didn't ask for Ozma because he can't remember how to play most of those.  I can't blame him.

gesundheit

I think it was probably to sell more copies of Houdini. Buzz has also stated that they got the contract they wanted with Atlantic. So perhaps they still receive royalties from the album.

joel

Quote from: MrLuck87 on April 04, 2010, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: joel on April 04, 2010, 09:41:26 PM

Buzz said the festival asked them to play Houdini.  If they asked for Stag or Lysol he probably would have agreed to that as well.  I also remember reading that he was thankful that they didn't ask for Ozma because he can't remember how to play most of those.  I can't blame him.

Oh yeah, right. The liner notes. Forgot about those. I guess it still makes me wonder why they perpetuated that idea into the following years, including last year's twenty-fifth anniversary tour. Not a bad thing. Just curious.

Probably just as good a thing to do as anything else I suppose.

dead mike

I think if they absolutely must release live versions of their other albums, they should be actual live albums instead of "recreations" of the live experience.

"Except for all the overdubs, it's totally live!" -- Kevin
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Captain CoryCory

Bullhead live would utterly rule. Especially since they've done half the songs with this current lineup.

samo

Quote from: Like Stee on April 04, 2010, 05:22:59 PM
I'd vote for a live Bullhead release.  Boris.  Think of how amazing Cow could be with the dual drummer line up.
ATP Melvins (4/6) "Boris"

Ever since I saw that video I have wanted to put together a live bullhead release and equalize everything (crossfade audience and such).  Unfortunately the lack of bootlegs hamper that!  :lol:  Maybe since the topic came up some one with a good archive will do it *nudge**nudge**wink**wink*

Chomas

black stallion

hard to find a live version of Ligature
Charmicarmicat:Bastards