AmRep 25th Non-Collector Scum CD w/NEW MELVINS TRACK OUT NOW !

Started by >>>JZS<<<, July 28, 2010, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

endsjustifymeans

Quote from: endsjustifymeans on July 28, 2010, 03:29:57 PM
demanding lot, ain't ya. ;)

I've been working on a paper template for it so IF I decide to do a run it'll be easier and they'll be more or less identical as opposed to the "by sight" method which left Buzzo's doll a little long in the left leg. I'm new to this so it's going slowly.

I'm figuring I'll start on a bushel of them when I get back from MN, after delivering this one to Buzz. I'll update then.

First a batch of 5 likely. We'll see how that goes time-wise before I commit to any more.

Paper template is an abject failure. The first doll made from the template came out looking very different than the original, a bit longer and more slender and the hair turned out longer and a bit more wild looking. I like the look of it all the same, but it's lead me to the decision that the buzz dolls are all going to be made "by sight" meaning there will be variations and different flaws in each of them. The only way I can maintain my sanity with this project is if I accept right off the bat that I am not a doll maker and these will be far from perfect. But they will all be decidedly buzzo and they're pretty darn rugged. Don't give it to your dog or toddler and they should survive just about anything.

So yeah, I don't know if you guys are still interested but they will be not be carbon copies of one another. Each will have a little "artistic license"...

Let me know if you any of you guys still want me to continue past this second doll knowing that they'll each be unique to one another in some fashion. sorry, I'm not an artist or a doll maker, just a dude with some thread and scary level of melvins obsession.

jules

I will not be put off. I MUST have one of these. Unique is good. Get to work, ThreadMaster.

endsjustifymeans

It's official then. These are happening. I'll be working on a batch of 5 after the amrep fest. Updates to follow.

jonE5

Quote from: endsjustifymeans on August 02, 2010, 02:34:07 PM
It's official then. These are happening. I'll be working on a batch of 5 after the amrep fest. Updates to follow.

Said it once and I will say it again.... I WANT A BUZZO DOLL! NOWWW!!!!

Rev. Mike

Just to get you nancy boys back on track, this Melvins track is a real freak fest.  Very appropriate that it's on Amrep.

endsjustifymeans

irezumi

Quote from: endsjustifymeans on August 01, 2010, 06:26:28 PM
So yeah, I don't know if you guys are still interested but they will be not be carbon copies of one another. Each will have a little "artistic license"...

Let me know if you any of you guys still want me to continue past this second doll knowing that they'll each be unique to one another in some fashion. sorry, I'm not an artist or a doll maker, just a dude with some thread and scary level of melvins obsession.

I think this would make each doll even better.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Rev. Mike on August 04, 2010, 01:49:12 PM
Just to get you nancy boys back on track, this Melvins track is a real freak fest.  Very appropriate that it's on Amrep.
You got it already?  That's fast.  What does it sound like?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Rev. Mike

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 04, 2010, 04:13:22 PM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on August 04, 2010, 01:49:12 PM
You got it already?  That's fast.  What does it sound like?

They haven't shipped any yet, I picked it up in person today.  The Melvins track is sludgey and noisy and bizarre.  The whole CD sounds very appropriately like an AMREP comp. 

Rev. Mike

If I didn't know this was the Melvins, I would not have guessed it was.  This can be said about a lot of their catalog though.  It's just not instantly recognizable, it could be a Honky outtake.  Actually, it sounds exactly like a track they would put out on a special Amrep single, which is exactly what they are doing.

>>>JZS<<<

Got it today...

Really diggin' the following songs:

"Funkerdammerung" -White Drugs w/Haze XXL  ..."Hate-Pop" vs "Murder-Bot".
"Hooks McGee" - King Barry & the Sinister Soulsters (?) ...that's got to be Mr. Crover singing,no ? ..that pedal sounds bad ass.
"Human Composting" - Gay Witch Abortion ...some evil riffuzz, sounds like someone gettin' beat down.
"Muscle Be''atch" - White Drugs ...full on noise-core rock'n'roll.
"Paraquat Plus" - Melvins w/ Haze XXL ...it's like if "brutal" was grudge fucking "chaos".
"Die You Fuck" - H.O.F. w/ G.W.A.  ...great bonus track, they have a great vibe together.

The Fool

take care,
The Fool

GrimReaper