Author Topic: Club Soda - Montreal Can 3 sept 2010  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Pringles

• merch vulture
    • View Profile
Club Soda - Montreal Can 3 sept 2010
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:45:42 AM »
My best show ever. They did a two hour long killer set without any pause,all the song mendling together. Sacrifice was epic, immediatly followed by Civilised worm that turned into Oven.The intro of Night Goat was coupled with some Eye Fly bit.  They had a new song with Jarred on vocal doing body surfing in the crowd while the two drum where pounding and the King was doing some drone-sound. The show was worth every penny of the ticket price.

- Waterglass
- AMAZONE
- Pinhead,
- Evil New War God
- Electric Flower
- Pig House,
The Talking Horse,
 Kicking Machine,
Billy Fish
Black Stooges
Black Bloc
Sacrifice,
The Civilized Worm,
Oven
Bacon Industry,
Sky pop
Set me Straight
Night Goat,
New song  
Okie from Uskogee

If anybody know site with picture and video, tell me.
Luck is a residue of design

ManWithNoName

Re: Club Soda - Montreal Can 3 sept 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »
HOLY FUCK THE SHOW WAS INSANE!

You forgot DCH which they played right after Set Me Straight.

Pringles knows what's up. The show was amazing. So loud, so good. I was screaming after every song and lost my voice by the end of the night.

AMAZON! AMAZON! AMAZON! Holy FUCK Amazon sounded amazing. So fucking deadly.

One thing I noticed last night; Jared, is a bad ass. I don't care what anyone says he is fucking AWESOME. His bass tone and sound is HUGE. His versions of Black Stooges and Night Goat are fucking NASTY. NASTY!I love how he sings Oven as well, so fucking cool.

That new song seemed more like a noise jam outro than anything. Jared grabbed the mic and started screaming and singing in the mic, jumped in the crowd and surfed a bit, went back on stage and got on his knees and fiddled with his pedals while screaming and singing into the mic. All the while, Dale and Coady are POUNDING those drums and Buzz is making some drone noise on his guitar.

Highlights: Amazon, Sacrifice, Oven, Pinhead, BLACK STOOGES, Bacon Industry, Black Block, Okie from Uskogee

Having them finish with a semi-acapella version of Okie from Uskogee was perfect. They played that song when I first saw them in 2006 to hear it again but totally different was just great.

CANADA LOVES THE MELVINS!

Here are the order of songs and how I remember them...

Waterglass
Evil New War God
Amazon
Talking Horse
Kicking Machine
Pinhead
Set Me Straight / DCH
Billyfish
Black Stooges
Black Block
Sacrifice
Civilized Worm
Oven
Bacon Industry
Night Goat
Noise Jam
Okie From Uskogee

NOTE: I did not bite anyone nor was I bitten.  :lol:

Offline Pringles

• merch vulture
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »
Amazone and Sacrifice where the two highlight of the show. I have the Amazone riff playing in my head since then.

I understand now why Melvins is not mainstream. Its a band show. Hearing them in cd is nothing compared with hearing them live.

And they are definitly the heaviest band I know.

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »

One thing I noticed last night; Jared, is a bad ass. I don't care what anyone says he is fucking AWESOME. His bass tone and sound is HUGE.

ah yeah,that's true!

thanks for the reviews guys
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline Pringles

• merch vulture
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »

Greasy Statement

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »

One thing I noticed last night; Jared, is a bad ass. I don't care what anyone says he is fucking AWESOME. His bass tone and sound is HUGE. His versions of Black Stooges and Night Goat are fucking NASTY. NASTY!I love how he sings Oven as well, so fucking cool.

hear, hear! i think anybody who doubts just how good this current incarnation of the band is can kiss my ass...

DCGod

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »

Buzz's face says it all when that guy gets on stage to "stage dive".  Get the fuck off our stage you lame-ass, worst stage dive ever!

ManWithNoName

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 06:41:45 AM »
The best part is that this drunk moron fell straight to the floor right in front of me and my friend. We both cracked up.

Goddamn that change from Evil New War God to Amazon is fucking DEADLY.

Talking Horse :

DCGod

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 07:15:30 AM »
The best part is that this drunk moron fell straight to the floor right in front of me and my friend. We both cracked up.

Excellent, serves him right.  These people that still think it's 1981 should get what's coming to them. :x  Of course now it's a selfish "look at me , I'm on the stage" thing, nothing to do with the real spirit of punk.

Offline thebear72

• knows glen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »

Excellent, serves him right.  These people that still think it's 1981 should get what's coming to them. :x  Of course now it's a selfish "look at me , I'm on the stage" thing, nothing to do with the real spirit of punk.

That was nothing compared to the spinwheeling bitch who annoyed everybody up front. You must have seen her, she made it certain she couldn't be missed.

Pinhead. Holy fuck. I've seen them many times live and every time is better than the last. Not many artists can achieve that.

COME BACK SOON!

Offline TommyHC

• sun ra was right
  • A Good Thing Gone
    • View Profile
    • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 01:03:45 PM »
Ya great show!!! I liked it more than the last time I saw them in Victoriaville (in 2006?).
Highlight for me is probably Sacrifice! which was really something cool live with the hint of delay on the vocals (Other highlights include Amazon, Black Stooges, Black Block, Oven, Night Goat and Okie From Muskogee). And here is the kicker. Towards the end when they played the last song and they sang "We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee" I got a big whiff of some pot. Timing man the melvins are all about timing!!!
Anything Jesus Does I Can Do Better

Offline Pringles

• merch vulture
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 01:55:29 PM »
I got a big whiff of some pot. Timing man the melvins are all about timing!!!

Yeah, and the poor guy got his joint snatched by a security guard.

Dr.Benway

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 06:36:38 AM »
Wait...the band gets pissed when people jump on stage, but it's ok for the band to jump into the crowd?  How does that work?

ManWithNoName

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 07:33:59 AM »
Ya great show!!! I liked it more than the last time I saw them in Victoriaville (in 2006?).
Highlight for me is probably Sacrifice! which was really something cool live with the hint of delay on the vocals (Other highlights include Amazon, Black Stooges, Black Block, Oven, Night Goat and Okie From Muskogee). And here is the kicker. Towards the end when they played the last song and they sang "We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee" I got a big whiff of some pot. Timing man the melvins are all about timing!!!
Ah shit, man!

I was looking out for you but couldn't spot you. I wasn't sure if you made it down for this show or not. I agree, I liked this show more than the Victoriaville show.

Offline TommyHC

• sun ra was right
  • A Good Thing Gone
    • View Profile
    • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 11:26:41 AM »
Ah shit, man!

I was looking out for you but couldn't spot you. I wasn't sure if you made it down for this show or not. I agree, I liked this show more than the Victoriaville show.
I could see you the whole time. I was sitting in the upper seats and could see you in the middle pit area talking to your friend. I tried to get your attention a few times but no luck there.. then after the show you disappeared pretty quickly and I couldn't find you outside smoking or anything. the important part is that we both made it and it was fucking great!
Anything Jesus Does I Can Do Better