The Next Melvins Album

Started by Afterbirthmilkshake, November 06, 2010, 09:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you want to see Buzz and Dale do a fourth album with Jared and Coady???

Yes
60 (64.5%)
No
33 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Afterbirthmilkshake

TheLegitMan93

I'm going to be totally honest and say that the stuff with Jared and Coady just isn't as much my thing as the earlier Melvins music. Maybe they'll surprise me with something really good next... "Civilized Worm", "The Smiling Cobra", and "I'll Finish You Off" were great songs, but other than that I'd like to see what just Buzz and Dale could do again.

anaconda

Seems like Buzz and Dale are truly committed to the 4 piece concept.
The next album will definitely include Jared and Coady, no doubt.

MrLuck87

What I'd really like to see is people stop bitching about the current line up.

DCGod

I'm ready for them to go Stag on our ass again with whoever (Mark D are you out there?) :-s

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: MrLuck87 on November 06, 2010, 11:34:39 PM
What I'd really like to see is people stop bitching about the current line up.

You could express that by voting yes. 

gesundheit

Quote from: anaconda on November 06, 2010, 09:54:32 PM
Seems like Buzz and Dale are truly committed to the 4 piece concept.
The next album will definitely include Jared and Coady, no doubt.

...that, and they still need to play Hospital Up live for us.

I have a sensation inside me that stirs and whispers to me that the BB guys wont be rockin' with B n' D for early 2011. Spaceland residency, maybe, but the Australia trip, not so maybe...they didn't go last time, right?

Doesn't Big Business have a new album to make anyway?

I voted Yes, btw.

(((O)))

I dont think i mind either way really. I love alot of the old stuff with the Kevin era being my favourite, yet although i thought Bride was a step down from the other recent two i still love the four piece band. I do wonder what would happen if the BB lads moved on. Who would play bass then? Hire two bass players or something equally unexpected perhaps? Like it or otherwise i agree with what Black Stallion said before in that this version of the band will be seen in time to be the "definitive" Melvins line-up. So i guess i'll vote YES above then.

Bigval

Quote from: gesundheit on November 07, 2010, 04:50:37 AM
...that, and they still need to play Hospital Up live for us.

I have a sensation inside me that stirs and whispers to me that the BB guys wont be rockin' with B n' D for early 2011. Spaceland residency, maybe, but the Australia trip, not so maybe...they didn't go last time, right?

Doesn't Big Business have a new album to make anyway?

I voted Yes, btw.

I think that had more to do with the fact it was a Fantomas tour. Lombardo was unavailable so Crover filled in on drums and then as the tour got closer Buzz & Dale decided to play two (then three) Melvins shows with Dunn filling in on bass. I think it had a fair bit to do with circumstances than anything else. But in saying that I much prefer Rutmanis-era Melvins, I think HAT is the best album the band has done or will do.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on November 06, 2010, 09:40:51 PM

FUCK YES !!!

black stallion

my dream would be a studio album with just Buzz&Dale,lots of overdubs made by both of them...Buzz playing bass on most of the songs and Dale playing some guitar too.
being more concrete, you know which is my opinion,there will be not only a fourth album with Jared and Coady but a lot more.
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

anaconda

It just makes sense, I could tell they were having a blast at the Opera House.
They all kept grinning and smiling at each other throughout the show.
Jared would nail a bass run and Buzz would look over and nod with a wink.
Buzz would start a song and Coady was grinning waiting for his cue to start pounding.
And Dale and Coady are like brothers now. They seem to really enjoy beating the shit
out of their kits together. It's a group, not a freelance liaison

norecess

sure! i feel they have yet to make their best album with the current line up.

guesswhatilikethemelvins

Definitely. And, specifically, I hope they do something that sounds nothing like the last 3.
Not that I don't like those records, BUT...

I crave change. You know?
"You guys don't fuck, do you?"
Kevin said that.

MrLuck87

I'm more concerned about what comes after the next album.  Somehow I seriously doubt they are going to stop writing music.  Do you think they'll only put out singles?  Do you think everything will only be special editions sold at shows?