L.A. Record Interview - THE MELVINS: "JUDGE ME BY MY ENEMIES"

Started by >>>JZS<<<, February 07, 2011, 05:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

>>>JZS<<<

THE MELVINS:  "JUDGE ME BY MY ENEMIES"
 by Chris Ziegler

Photography by Ramon Felix

Do you still have those charred roof tiles from Hiroshima?
Buzz Osborne (guitar, vocals): How

(PAUL)

Wow, so he does like hip hop. Raising Hell is a good album but you probably won't find too many people playing that one any more.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

perzo)))

Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

pinkyslim

Thanks for posting the interview.

It takes a nation of millions to hold us back get's my vote as #1 rap record of all time.

Public Enemy - Don't Believe The Hype

Metalhead Cow

Great inteview and crazy picture! Coady dressed as a monkey in a tree is priceless. It's really sad for me to think that the days of new Melvins music in CD format may soon be gone.

(((O)))

Same here. As we know things dont stand still, change is always gonna come. I dont believe that a possible future where all physical formats are obsolete and the MP3 is king, will be the end of musial development. Things will be shook up once more eventually no doubt. Really great interview tho. Certainly merits a second read me thinks.

the ether bunny

he was a mongoloid.

MrLuck87

"I hate conservatives, but I really hate liberals."  That's almost a direct quote from Trey Parker.  I'd actually be surprised if Buzz doesn't like South Park but I've never heard him mention it.

spunkmonkey

Quote from: pAUL on February 07, 2011, 06:52:14 PM
Wow, so he does like hip hop. Raising Hell is a good album but you probably won't find too many people playing that one any more.

I still listen to it every once in a while, although King of Rock and their first one are better.

Mad Arab

Which is strange to me because ideologically conservatives (well, at least myself) are closer to the definition of classic liberalism than modern liberals. Maybe he means neoconservatives. My problems with neoconservatism is the whole " making the world safe for democracy" thing and "policing the world". Even though I consider democracy a superior system of governance that guarantess the maximum of individual freedom possible I don't think it's proper policy to  compel  foreign countries to adopt it. It's something their own people should decide and  we encourage.

ManWithNoName

Democracy guarantees a false sense of individual freedom. Regardless, there's no such thing as democracy anymore, it's all demagoguery.

Mad Arab

No it doesn't. I don't know where you get that idea. I'm talking about small d democracy; not mob rule "Democracy".

ManWithNoName

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on February 09, 2011, 09:35:05 AM
No it doesn't. I don't know where you get that idea. I'm talking about small d democracy; not mob rule "Democracy".
Sure, democracy in the strict theoretical sense guarantees the maximum of individual freedom but there is no such democracy applied anywhere in the world. A number of social and cultural factors come into play which limit and restrict that freedom. In essence democracy is supposed to guarantee a level playing field for everyone, but that's not the case in reality.

danimal

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 09, 2011, 09:49:17 AM
Quote from: Joe Deutrom on February 09, 2011, 09:35:05 AM
Sure, democracy in the strict theoretical sense guarantees the maximum of individual freedom but there is no such democracy applied anywhere in the world. A number of social and cultural factors come into play which limit and restrict that freedom. In essence democracy is supposed to guarantee a level playing field for everyone, but that's not the case in reality.

When you listen to fools, the mob rules

supernaut

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."