BULLHEAD

Started by turnacus, August 11, 2003, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnacus

Its a great album, no denying that. But couldn't it use a remix?

It doesn't sound a bit flat to any of you all?
Van Hagar

klump

i totally agree, but i think that they shouldnt dick too much around with it, because its a really calm and "soft" album and special :P
maybe they could rerecord it :P

TheSpankDaddy

yeah, it does sound flat and seems quieter than their other records... it saps the power out of some awesome songs like anaconda... i would masterbate over a rerecorded version of anaconda...

huber

no.
any idea of it sounding flat disappears when you turn the fucker right up. one of my favorite sounding recordings too, the instruments all sound good and sit in the mix well. i don't generally agree with remixing albums after so long because your perspective of how the album should sound is changed over time, maybe influenced by things after the fact. i prefer it to be a statement made at the time, it's positives and flaws making it what it is. and i hope you didn't mean that dance sort of remix... :(

cooter

Hey turnacus, did you find your copy of bullhead or did you have to buy a new one? Also,does anybody know what exactly is the blue image on the cd itself?

mantra

Quote from: cooterAlso,does anybody know what exactly is the blue image on the cd itself?

It looks like a condom.

turnacus

hmmm, its weird. The production makes Exocrism sweet, but it kinda fucks over anaconda. I didn't know how sweet anaconda was until i heard it live.
Van Hagar

Beto Brasil

Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Anonymous

The production value of a record is just as much a part of its musicality and its atmosphere as any other aspect of the record.  It is what it is and it is the melvins.(?)  The image on the CD is a condom and if you have a copy of Bullhead on vinyl you can tell that the border that frames the back of the record is a bunch of condoms (in the wrapper) as well.

spud boy

I agree with huber, turn the fucker up, you seem to hear a lot more of it then.

fdgs

definitely remix ...who would want it to sound worse as opposed to fresh?

spud boy

Quote from: fdgsdefinitely remix ...who would want it to sound worse as opposed to fresh?

A remix could just as easily sound worse.

huber

worse compared to what? if you add this "freshness" it would be the album as is-compared to the new version. only by fucking with it can you see if it's worse. ha...or better...
and what's the concept behind the remix..what would you want to get out of it, or change? bring in some brand new digital protools and add some sterile freshness.
now if the topic was who would like to sit in a studio and play around with the master for fun i'd be in on it!

HONKY

Great album!It holds a special place in my heart cuz the first time i saw them they played almost the whole album all the way through(Night Goat was thrown in for good measure..)i hope they never remix it.

huber

Quote from: HONKYGreat album!It holds a special place in my heart cuz the first time i saw them they played almost the whole album all the way through(Night Goat was thrown in for good measure..)i hope they never remix it.

what date was that, do you remember? any stories to share from it..? seeing as though i never saw them then...the bootlegs from that era are all i have to go on.