What's your favourite Melvins cover song?

Started by (((O))), October 14, 2011, 05:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Mad Arab

Quote from: glen on October 14, 2011, 09:13:56 AM
jerkin krokus

I'm very much inclined to agree with this. But I also love their version of Let Me Roll It.

JUDY

Green Manalishi and Candy-O
...two of my favs.

I never got into KISS, but love Melvins doing Goin' Blind and The Love Theme
...OH. And God of Thunder, o'course.

glen

the MELVINS God Of Thunder cover could have been so much more crushing. they should have slowed it down another notch even.     some songs just weren't meant to be covered though.  GOT is walking that fine line.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

(the) flutter nuts

Bacon Industry

when they played this in toronto a while back it friggin' blew me away!!!
I got the shits real bad.

(PAUL)

Youth of America and Sacrifice come to mind right away, but then again I like pretty much all their cover songs and have trouble thinking of one I don't like.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

FartLips

y.o.a., lexicon devil, i wanna hold your hand.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

camaroballa22

"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."

JUDY

Quote from: glen on October 20, 2011, 03:17:18 PM
the MELVINS God Of Thunder cover could have been so much more crushing. they should have slowed it down another notch even.     some songs just weren't meant to be covered though.  GOT is walking that fine line.

Indeed, it could have been slower.....
Can't argue that.

BaronVonLipshitz

Green Manalishi and Youth of America, but they blew me away playing Bacon Industry at Smalls in Detroit last time they were here.
"We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires."

Mad Arab

laughingwlucifer65

homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??

dead mike

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the MC5, and every time I've ever listened to "Rocket Reducer #62" I always thought, "God damn, the melvins need to cover this song."

Little did I know they already have:

09 - MELVINS - Rocket Reducer #62 (Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa) MC5 Cover - Live 2005
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

nerker

The Melvins - 8 Cherub Live at the House of Blues 2005

saw this at stubb's for the 4x4 tour...pinkus pointed out they played it in the wrong key...