What's your favourite Melvins cover song?

Started by (((O))), October 14, 2011, 05:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

Lexicon Devil
I Can't Shake It
Station To Station
Way Of The World
Leeech
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Chief Ten Beers

Top 11 in no particular order:
Sacrifice
Green Manalashi
Halo Of Flies
Return Of The Spiders
Dwight Fry
Promise Me
Mr. DNA (no official release yet)
Rocket Reducer No. 62
Poison
Ramblin Man
Youth Of America

PepsiMike

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 28, 2018, 04:00:28 PM
Top 11 in no particular order:
Sacrifice
Green Manalashi
Halo Of Flies
Return Of The Spiders
Dwight Fry
Promise Me
Rocket Reducer No. 62
Poison
Ramblin Man
Youth Of America
Yes to all of these.

Chief Ten Beers

I was totally not even thinking about the Sausages album #-o. The Bowie, Fugs, & Roxy Music ones are the top 3 off of that.

))))((((

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 28, 2018, 04:00:28 PM
Ever since they performed that with the Big Business guys i've wanted them to put out a studio recording. At this point though i think it's pretty doubtful. I mean, we're talking 9 years ago now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsyfNmtQY0

John Schuller

Would love to see them record Bacon Industry by Karp. When I saw them do it live it blew my brains out.

anorexorcist

Quote from: sadcorps on March 01, 2018, 12:46:44 PM
Would love to see them record Bacon Industry by Karp. When I saw them do it live it blew my brains out.

Haven't heard this, but imagine my mind would also be blown if I did.

Youth of America and Lexicon Devil both really turned me onto bands that I was only passively interested in, so those 2 are tops for me.
With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands is an all time classic. I saw them play Cherub by the Butthole Surfers years ago and it was top notch. I'm a big fan of Kiss and the Melvins version of God Of Thunder is fucking awesome, much better than the version credited to Buzz.

That looks like a top 5 for me, but as others have said melvins > originals ;)

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: rictus on October 14, 2011, 09:21:45 AM
Toss up between Sacrifice and Green Manalishi

This exactly and only this exactly

))))((((

Im thinking 'Graveyard' could be a contender! I love their version.

Mecha Mummy Jr.

I think my recent hope for a touring partner would be Off! since Keith Morris is such a big Germs fan, then I could hear them do Lexicon Devil live with Keith on vox.

Mind you, he has trouble doing tours of any kind of length these days for health reasons.

I also love Youth of America and Let me Roll It.

deatheats

spliff(TONE)

The Green Manalishi is most likely my favorite cover of theirs, followed by The Ballad of Dwight Fry. After those two, Female Trouble, Let Me Roll It, and Dies Iraea would be the only other ones in the conversation for me. One of the few times I've seen the Melvins live in San Jose they did something they don't usually do and had a break in the middle of their set. More interestingly, they played Dies Iraea as the ending song for their first set and then came out and opened the second set with it. Pretty fucking weird choice and I dug it.

Was Butchertown a cover? If it is then thats a favorite too!

spliff(TONE)

Almost forgot about Missing off the Electroretard album. Another favorite cover of theirs that was originally performed by the Cows.