The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: buddy holiday on December 14, 2011, 10:01:12 AM
Quote from: landshark on December 14, 2011, 09:48:28 AM
conventional albums?

with that i did not mean the albums themselves but rather way they released; like every two years an album worth of 10 songs or whatever.
maybe they will do more frequent but smaller recording sessions and self release that as singles / eps with the help of amrep or alone.

I really like that idea
I got the shits real bad.

glen

Quote from: buddy holiday on December 14, 2011, 10:01:12 AM

maybe they will do more frequent but smaller recording sessions and self release that as singles / eps with the help of amrep or alone.

I fear they may over-saturate the MELVINS SINGLES market if they take the idea too much further.   everything has a tipping point.

that being said, I'll still likely buy whatever the hell they offer me.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

MrLuck87

Quote from: buddy holiday on December 14, 2011, 09:43:41 AM
i think i remember reading that they plan to record at year end and Jan/Feb.
the way i understand it: 13 splits will be the 13 sugar daddy tracks.
the new stuff will likely be used for an upcoming album (scion ep / or ipecac lp, ideally both).. i think buzz said they are going to do another full album in 2012?
does anybody know if they signed a multi album contract with ipecac, and by when it is fulfilled? did they sign a contract at all?? i think once they fulfilled that they will no longer release conventional albums.

I'm pretty sure I read that they would be doing one more album and then releasing everything non-traditionally, whatever that means.  I'm a huge fan of getting hyped up for full albums and then getting blown away.  Smash the State just didn't have that same effect because it was so far under the radar but I did love that one.

I'm also pretty sure I read that Ipecac doesn't make bands sign contracts and you can record as much as you want with them. 

runk the punk

that picture was taken in their practice room. They record in there now instead of a studio?

JUDY

Sure, most anyone would rather have the set, but they're still taking care of those who just need or want the music.

(((O)))

Quote from: landshark on December 14, 2011, 03:30:09 PM
best five dollars i ever spent  8)
It was the first five dollars i ever spent!  :o

JUDY

I spent 10, because my shit got lost due to me being a greedy bastard! I was trying to download when everyone else was trying to get it....and got redirected. Still, well worth it.  I got the RIH box, too, but I want to keep it as nice as possible. Not framing it or anything, I'd just like to limit the plays. Lint magnets, gah.

Uncle Fester

another recording by toshi. yaaaaaayyyyyy  :(

JUDY

I know! I'm definitely playing them!

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

williamblakestyger

been ready again yet
thanks a lot

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: erichka on December 14, 2011, 03:22:14 PM
That is one sexy drum-kit. I'd hit it.

I heard rumours of pictures existing, of some board member humping a drumkit.  Very peculiar.   :?

Quote from: erichka on December 14, 2011, 03:44:10 PM
I spent 10, because my shit got lost due to me being a greedy bastard! I was trying to download when everyone else was trying to get it....and got redirected. Still, well worth it.  I got the RIH box, too, but I want to keep it as nice as possible. Not framing it or anything, I'd just like to limit the plays. Lint magnets, gah.

Contact Amrep, they can refund you $5.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

JUDY

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 14, 2011, 07:50:17 PM
Quote from: erichka on December 14, 2011, 03:22:14 PM
That is one sexy drum-kit. I'd hit it.
I heard rumours of pictures existing, of some board member humping a drumkit.  Very peculiar.   :?

Hmmm, that's weird. Sounds like something I would do.....

glen

Buzz is looking a little more svelt these days.   down to his fighting weight.

this post will have validity, I promise.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Uncle Fester

Glen, I have no idea what you're talking about. But I think you know something I don't.
and so I will wait.