The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(((O)))

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 23, 2012, 03:46:08 PM
that the band might decide to do a record version on their own later down the road.
Hope so im probably gonna love this. In fact i'd say im more eager to hear this than Freak Puke.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: )))((( on February 23, 2012, 03:49:33 PM
that the band might decide to do a record version on their own later down the road.
Hope so im probably gonna love this. In fact i'd say im more eager to hear this than Freak Puke.

yeah dude , i'm very curious to hear this after reading the song names , very interesting
I got the shits real bad.

jules

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 23, 2012, 03:55:14 PM
Quote from: )))((( on February 23, 2012, 03:49:33 PM

yeah dude , i'm very curious to hear this after reading the song names , very interesting
I hope it's five different versions of Eye Flys, played backwards.

jules

Quote from: brian on February 23, 2012, 03:48:05 PM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on February 23, 2012, 03:08:00 PM
The Melvins are capitalist pigs living off the blood of the proletariat.  They'll be the first motherfuckers up against the wall when the revolution comes.

:lol: Rev. Mike preachin' the communiques from the comintern
Mike! If they die against the wall, you'll have no pocket money! Think positive, man!

(PAUL)

So do you have to be a member of facebook to download it? Because I'm not and I don't particularly want to join.

Edit: N/M, looks like you can also download it from scionav.com. Hope they have some cd's when I see them in May!
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

acid policy

maybe the idea of their a/v branch is that scion is an awesome corporation and they thought producing melvins albums is a way to evidence awesomeness in an industry known for conniving marketing.

having "scion av presents" in the title is genius. i am googling scion right now.

Greasy Statement

can i get somebody to grab me a physical copy at one of the tour stops? pretty please?

acid policy

also i was just thinking about how the ultimate car sound system in the future will include a large hard drive. scions coming with great music could be a selling point that would be difficult for other car companies to match.

Jozzy

Quote from: acid policy on February 23, 2012, 06:42:43 PM
also i was just thinking about how the ultimate car sound system in the future will include a large hard drive. scions coming with great music could be a selling point that would be difficult for other car companies to match.

I love that Scion has done this for two of my favorite bands - Melvins and Magrudergrind - but you will never, ever catch me driving an ugly piece of shit car like this.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Jozzy on February 23, 2012, 06:51:42 PM
Quote from: acid policy on February 23, 2012, 06:42:43 PM

I love that Scion has done this for two of my favorite bands - Melvins and Magrudergrind - but you will never, ever catch me driving an ugly piece of shit car like this.

Tried driving this once.. would never drive one again, at least on purpose.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

acid policy

this one gets 37 mpg, and it costs 15k US. if there were a 2 terabyte hard drive in there, i'd seriously consider getting one.

ManWithNoName

I can't believe for one second that Scion thinks that releasing albums by obscure bands will somehow boost sales. Perhaps I'm naive but I just don't see it.

It may be integrated into a broader marketing plan that aims to promote Scion as a socially conscious corporation that recognizes the importance of art and culture but what does that have to do with selling cars?

Either way, I don't have a driver's licence so I don't see myself driving one of those any time soon. I live in the city, I don't need no fucking car.

acid policy

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 23, 2012, 07:44:45 PM
I can't believe for one second that Scion thinks that releasing albums by obscure bands will somehow boost sales. Perhaps I'm naive but I just don't see it.

It may be integrated into a broader marketing plan that aims to promote Scion as a socially conscious corporation that recognizes the importance of art and culture but what does that have to do with selling cars?

Either way, I don't have a driver's licence so I don't see myself driving one of those any time soon. I live in the city, I don't need no fucking car.

i didnt know scion cars existed until now. i think they are an interesting car company, partly because they are producing albums by bands i like. also, here we are talking about them in a public forum. that's 3 ways this a/v thing is working for them.

MrLuck87

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 23, 2012, 07:44:45 PM

I was thinking this too but then again there's a reason I'm not in marketing.

I guess the first question to ask is how much are they spending for this project?  It might actually be relatively cheap for them to pay for studio time and give the Melvins some money as apposed to paying for a few billboards.  Plus their name will be on an official Melvins release forever. 

But I'm also thinking that people who like the Melvins will most likely want a car that can haul gear around.  The "box" design seems like the only model that could fit a half stack in it and it's probably their least appealing car.  I have to admit though, if space wasn't an issue I think the tC, FR-S, and maybe the iQ are pretty nice looking cars for the price.  http://www.scion.com/cars/

I think this is an experiment in advertising more than anything.  Who knows how it'll work out for Scion in the end.  At least they aren't embarassing themselves like Burger King by creating their own band.   :lol:
Coq Roq - Bob Your Head

williamblakestyger

stag an honky live just remember that
scion yes we remember those
thanks