The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yadang

Got the CD copy today with the preview disc of Sleep's reissue (I ordered the vinyl).

The Southern Lord is so kind.

sa

Hot Pants

i dont think it's been said enough. this EP is a work of genius. the riffs, the harmonies, the song structure- all amazing.

every song is great. A Very Long Wait is really a stunning piece of work.

i like the idea that its a concept album. maybe not lyrically, but musically it flows so well. it all works together perfectly.

i fucking LOVE IT!
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

glen

Quote from: Hot Pants on May 21, 2012, 10:58:28 PM
i dont think it's been said enough. this EP is a work of genius. the riffs, the harmonies, the song structure- all amazing.

i like the idea that its a concept album. maybe not lyrically, but musically it flows so well. it all works together perfectly.

i fucking LOVE IT!

agreed. the more listens, the deeper the hook.

it has goosebump inducing moments throughout.   

I notice the bass drum counts have become more unique and prominent since Coady signed on.   they'll have moments where the entire beat is driven by the double bass "thump...     thump, thump, thump,thump, thump, thump....   thump"
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

pinkyslim

Quote from: glen on May 23, 2012, 11:34:30 AM
Quote from: Hot Pants on May 21, 2012, 10:58:28 PM

i fucking LOVE IT!

agreed. the more listens, the deeper the hook.

it has goosebump inducing moments throughout.   

I notice the bass drum counts have become more unique and prominent since Coady signed on.   they'll have moments where the entire beat is driven by the double bass "thump...     thump, thump, thump,thump, thump, thump....   thump"

agreed 8)

Thumper =}

tracyj

Caught the show in st louis at the firebird.  Awesome time!  Unsaned killed also.  My friend bought us the letterpress cds and i got no 10 and lucky her, she got no 1.  Tried my best to trade!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: JUDY on May 13, 2012, 01:40:51 AM

I wonder what it would be like to be Dale Crover's kid  :)
I imagine oatmeal-can drum-kit set-ups by the age of one, at least   

She's already played on stage at a melvins show!

Quote from: tracyj on June 08, 2012, 11:07:59 AM
Caught the show in st louis at the firebird.  Awesome time!  Unsaned killed also.  My friend bought us the letterpress cds and i got no 10 and lucky her, she got no 1.  Tried my best to trade!

Nice!  Did Buzz have much to say?  Did you meet any of the other melvins?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Dan_Halen

Anyone have any clue or heard any rumors about  when Amp Rep will put out the vinyl? I think they might be putting out Freak Puke first. I love both, but don't feel like I really own them or can properly listen to them until I get the vinyl. I wonder if Bulls & The Bees would fit on a 10"? That would be hot, they haven't had a proper 10" since the days of Eggnog.
Los ticka toe rest

tracyj

I got to meet dale also.  Buzz was very gracious and very open to conversation.  It was a small venue so i am not sure if that made a difference. I didnt want to be a bother but he kept on talking and asked ME lots of questions.  Great guys!  Brian W. Was awesome also, let me stand up by him because i am a shorty.

tracyj

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 08, 2012, 11:11:38 AM

Quote from: tracyj on June 08, 2012, 11:07:59 AM
Nice!  Did Buzz have much to say?  Did you meet any of the other melvins?

sorry posted reply a few posts forward, darn nook can be wonky

EvilNewWarGod

I would love to know if the art on the last run of letterpress were done by one of Dale's kids. They certainly have that look to them. Can anyone confirm or deny? If they were, that would make mine much cooler.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

tracyj

Quote from: EvilNewWarGod on June 08, 2012, 04:43:31 PM
I would love to know if the art on the last run of letterpress were done by one of Dale's kids. They certainly have that look to them. Can anyone confirm or deny? If they were, that would make mine much cooler.
i read somewhere (dont remember where) that the art was from buzz and mac akie)  mine is a picture of an alien looking guy and my friends looks like it is done by someone different.  Hers is the black flag symbols and a guy that looks like buzz (at least his hair) lol

EvilNewWarGod

Mine says Food on one side and the other has a picture of a banana with the word banana above it and looks like it was drawn by a child.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

JUDY

:shock:
Now that i would love to see. Does video footage exist?

(((O)))

Quote from: JUDY on June 09, 2012, 04:45:44 PM

:shock:
Now that i would love to see. Does video footage exist?
There's a really cool father and daughter moment here at 0:44. Three drummers!!  :o

MELVINS DOCUMENTARY [url=http://www.abconcerts.be/abtv]www.abconcerts.be/abtv[/url]

JUDY

Oh my that was really cute. I haven't watched that....I have to run so I'll have to bookmark it and watch whole thing later.....