You don't like the melvins, we can't be friends.

Started by Dumpster D, January 14, 2012, 03:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

(((O)))

Perhaps things would fare better if it was more like 'You dont like the Melvins, we can work on that'.  :)

Dumpster D

I was only kidding.

I was just having a conversation with my friend today, we were talking about back in the day if you met someone else who was a melvins fan, you'd instantly be best friends and hang out all the time drinking and stuff..

apparently more people like the melvins than ever these days?

I HAVE been working on 'it' for over a decade now.

Buick GN

Perhaps your buds aren't interested in the Melvins because they feel Buzz is a dick?

Dumpster D

JUDY

Personally, I think I'd be intimidated by Buzz. He seems friendly, but I'd probably just...not know what to do or say. I'd make an ass of myself, for sure.
Dale, on the other hand, seems likely to be super easy to approach.

I'd love to have a beer/chat with Jared and Coady, too.

Yep, Melvins friends. Such a rare and beautiful thing....
Other than a few people I've met recently, I've only known one other person that really truly digs their stuff.

I try to get people turned on all the time.
The response is always something like this:
Well, I know of them...and their legacy...but never really heard anything by them. 
I always try to change that. I like their cult status, but would rather have them get their overdue, well earned respect from anyone that appreciates good, heavy music. 

(((O)))

Quote from: erichka on January 14, 2012, 07:36:06 PM
Dale, on the other hand, seems likely to be super easy to approach.
I would tend to agree with that but i do think given the occasion Buzz could be very friendly and Dale a little less approachable.

>>>JZS<<<

I remember this one time, I said "Hello" to Buzz & Dale,and Buzz punched me in the face,then while I was holding my nose dale kicked me in the balls....I was like, huh ?...and they were like "What muthafuka ?!"  ...and I was like, "nothing, sorry guys"...and they were like, "fuck this guy, we got groupies to fuck."

black stallion

had the chance to talk both with Buzz (after a Fantomas show in 2000,we talked about the trilogy) and with Dale (after a Shrinebuilder show last year,took a pic with him). they are cool guys but i'm too much of a fan to say something coherent when in front of them,so better to shut up
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

JUDY

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on January 15, 2012, 09:08:00 AM
I remember this one time, I said "Hello" to Buzz & Dale,and Buzz punched me in the face,then while I was holding my nose dale kicked me in the balls....I was like, huh ?...and they were like "What muthafuka ?!"  ...and I was like, "nothing, sorry guys"...and they were like, "fuck this guy, we got groupies to fuck."

Perfect

MrLuck87

Quote from: Dumpster D on January 14, 2012, 05:18:57 PM

apparently more people like the melvins than ever these days?

I think so, especially because they have a lot of older causal fans who don't really go to shows anymore.  I read this headline the other day (here: http://thenjunderground.com/blog/2012/1/13/melvins-unsane-to-record-and-tour-together.html) "Two 90s hardcore giants, Melvins and Unsane, are heading out on tour together this spring." 

I never really understood calling the Melvins a 90's band.  Is it because Kurt talked about them?

Uncle Fester

dale may be easier to approach but buzz is far easier to talk to. from my experience.

jonE5

Dale has always been really cool and really nice when I talked to him.

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on January 15, 2012, 09:08:00 AM

:lol:

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: Uncle Fester on January 15, 2012, 12:41:58 PM
dale may be easier to approach but buzz is far easier to talk to. from my experience.
I'm with Fester on this one.  Dale seems kind of shy to me but Buzz will ask you questions and make conversation unless he's trying to load gear or something.