melvins inspired artwork

Started by homeless_dad, January 15, 2012, 10:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDY

Quote from: Dan_Halen on October 05, 2012, 12:03:39 PM
Conda- that shit is hot man. Nice work, seriously.

Judy, you know we all love Judy...'s artwork  :D

Ive already liked the top one of the two you just posted, never seen the lower one. I like it even more than the first one which I totally loved. (Your getting he picture here) A humble request: Video of you lighting your art on fire which you've mentioned is common practice! We want pyro video now!!! lol Keep up the awesome work, and for fuck's sake stop over analyzing , the fro looks fine!!!

The lower one is fairly new. I drew it the night before I saw Melvins in Detroit, and planned to give it to Trevor. Sadly, I chickened out.

I actually do have video footage of me burning the fuck out of the Big Buzzo and maybe the Five piecer, too.
I'd have to dig around for it though. I for sure have photos. the video is probably on my external hard-drive. 

Just to clarify, because I got a message from someone asking .... I don't burn them to the ground. The pieces are on wood, and I set them on fire to get certain textures. The process is paint, fire, paint, fire, paint, fire, etc until satisfied. Plus I think it's funzies.

:)

Dan_Halen

lolz @ funzies, yes plz digz outz said videoz. I needz the full process not the pix. I wish I could light my bass on fire today but alas, it wouldn't do anything creative for me. I'm jealous that you get to use fire in your field! The only fire that's helping me before my gig is a lighter above a bong! lolz
Los ticka toe rest

Dumpster D

JUDY

Quote from: Dumpster D on October 16, 2012, 06:53:28 AM
more please.
Haha. Here ya go, Dumpy. Two old ones- pretty sure they're both re-posts from that lost thread. K, I think this is all I got- but still, more than I actually wanted to admit to. I'm not obsessed! I don't have a problem!  :D

jonE5

Quote from: JUDY on October 17, 2012, 11:44:43 AM
more please.
Haha. Here ya go, Dumpy. Two old ones- pretty sure they're both re-posts from that lost thread. K, I think this is all I got- but still, more than I actually wanted to admit to. I'm not obsessed! I don't have a problem!  :D

Those are really great Judy

Illusionator

Dumpster D

Dan_Halen

How did I miss these before? They are awesome, is the bottom one you with buzz Judy? :P
Los ticka toe rest

Metalhead Cow

I love your artwork Judy, especially the swan ones.
The Walsby artwork cracks me up too.  :lol:

TheLegitMan93

more please.

Meeew! How wonderful these are! This should be in the next Melvins album!!!

JUDY

Aw thanks guys! All of your nice comments make me feel warm with mushy insides :)

(((O)))

I just suddenly had the idea that it might be cool to see an animated Melvins music video or some kind of artwork where Buzzo's hair was like that of Medusa!! You know all snakes writhing around and being generally cool etc. A snake afro no less!!!  :o

JUDY

I was working on a two-headed alien cut, and seem to have misplaced my metal roller so started to carve something new that required less detail. Thought I'd try taking that Lite drawing that I made.

Can't decided if I should add a color. I kinda did this one for practice reasons.
Must admit, my hand feels destroyed after all of that work. And yes, I know it's backwards  :x

BLACKENED CHRISTMAS MONSTERS
9x12" ink on cold press paper
Linoleum Press 1/1
(There are other test prints)

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Dumpster D

*Ahem*

JOOOOOOO-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JOOOODEEEJOOODEEEEEDOOODEEEDOOODEEEDOOO!!!

ahhhh you BETTER have a folder Put aside labelled; For dumpster Diver!!!

I want one of everything you made Ricky!!!

(there was a Girl I liked at work this year Named Erika ( like the way Yours is spelled much better tho) , she was being Fecicious when asking me; So how is it going these Days and I said, It was a long story, and she Implied she wanted to go for a coffee and talk about it. I thought she was being Legit, and asked her out the next week and she gave me the WHOAH WHAT!!! look...and I was like...*ooooooh---shit.* anyway I called her RIcky After that cuz its short for Erika, but none of the other Dumb bitch Servers knew who I was Reffering to for a long time, when I was like; So I guess RIck went home already... and they were like; whos Rick, and im like---oh, ricky...Erika..and they were like...ooohhh hahahah...she HAD A BOYFRIEND, like how am I supposed to fucking know if your saying we should go out and talk over Coffee, Like WTF is that supposed to be all about man. Fucking RUDE! dont mind-fuck a guy who aint been to the Land down-under In 5 fucking years M8!!!
anyway *sigh* fuck my life

Ima Call you Rick or ricky from now on if thats ok with you.

LOL!!!  :P :P :P