Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalhead Cow

Sounds like Dale's maybe using the Pete Englehart Blossom Bells again. I could be wrong... It's what you hear in the beginning of Pig House and in My Generation.

This is what I'm talking about:

Pete Engelhart Metal Percussion Blossom Bell (PE-BB6)

black stallion

Quote from: Melvy on May 07, 2012, 02:41:50 PM
I was hoping this album would have a weirder/darker vibe to it, still has that "classic rock" sound.

i can see what you mean but we know three songs so far (Wings cover,Growing Disgust and Leon vs Revol)and it seems this is not going to have that vibe. but there are a few things i like more than melvins "classic" line up
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Shatz

Leon whets my already insatiable appetite for the whole Puke menu even more.
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

black stallion

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 07, 2012, 10:43:23 PM
Sounds like Dale's maybe using the Pete Englehart Blossom Bells again. I could be wrong... It's what you hear in the beginning of Pig House and in My Generation.

i think you're right

(the) flutter nuts

after a lot of listens i get a Primus and Kiss version of a H.A.T tune with a bit of Stoner Witch, all very good thing in a very good way , and no i'm not saying they were going for that and i'm not trying to label what this song is because it is nothing but (the) MELVINS
I got the shits real bad.

buddy holiday

i don't listen to anything prior to the album (i'll leave the room when they play a growing disgust)...
it's not easy though; i am glad i will be away for vacation in a week, so when i return the album should arrive pretty soon...

black stallion

Quote from: buddy holiday on May 08, 2012, 10:13:20 AM
i don't listen to anything prior to the album. it's not easy though; i am glad i will be away for vacation in a week, so when i return the album should arrive pretty soon...

and don't check youtube,someone posted this song

JUDY

i don't listen to anything prior to the album (i'll leave the room when they play a growing disgust)...
it's not easy though; i am glad i will be away for vacation in a week, so when i return the album should arrive pretty soon...
I'm the same way-I'd rather wait and savor the album as one solid entity. Not easy at all...
I did however, cave with the B&B's EP ....

buddy holiday

Quote from: JUDY on May 08, 2012, 10:24:27 AM
I'm the same way-I'd rather wait and savor the album as one solid entity. Not easy at all...
I did however, cave with the B&B's EP ....
me too... but i should have waited for all 5 songs, because those quick listens over the pc speakers... well, sounded shit anyway...

(((O)))

Quote from: black stallion on May 08, 2012, 10:14:49 AM
i don't listen to anything prior to the album. it's not easy though; i am glad i will be away for vacation in a week, so when i return the album should arrive pretty soon...

and don't check youtube,someone posted this song
What this??  :P

Melvins LITE - Leon Vs. The Revolution [Freak Puke 2012]

buddy holiday

i'm at work, i don't see your devilish youtube postings!!

AxelFoley

I think it sounds like one of those HAT B-Sides. Especially Buzz's vocals.

black stallion

Quote from: AxelFoley on May 08, 2012, 10:55:42 AM
I think it sounds like one of those HAT B-Sides. Especially Buzz's vocals.

totally

jonE5

It's a pretty cool song.. Agreed that it has a vibe similar to the HAT B-sides

-It is probably one of the more accessible songs on the album (I would guess)

dead mike

I'm not listening to it until I have the CD in my hot little hands.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres