Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalhead Cow

I think I'm gonna listen to Freak Puke right now.  8)

Metalhead Cow

Wow, very cool record. I'd compare it to The Bootlicker, Honky, and Stag, but it's got its own unique sound. Lots of interesting vocals going on

Metalhead Cow

I was surprised to hear Buzz singing on Let Me Roll It instead of Dale, but it sounded great. They also added a verse. I like the noise at the end of that track.

anaconda

This is landmark material. Finest thing Buzz and Dale have conceived in their modern existence. Shades of POTRE. With the strings and keys

anaconda

Mr. Rip Off. Epic, important, seminal!

homeless_dad

Quote from: )))((( on May 31, 2012, 05:28:40 AM

Quote from: homeless_dad on May 30, 2012, 09:00:52 PM
I love how its not just buying it, It's buying it and throwing out the case. 
Oh, but he recycles.  Al Gore would be proud.
Why thank you i play my part. I wonder if i can star in Mr Gore's next informative Pro-Green flick now?

I know what to get you for Christmas.  :lol:
Al Gore Doll (The Simpsons)
Is Ian back yet??

Metalhead Cow

Judging by the reception on this board so far, I think Freak Puke may be on its way to being the most well received new Melvins album of recent years, here on this message board. I remember when Pigs Of The Roman Empire came out there seemed to be a lot of mixed reviews and a lot of people were kind of underwhelmed at first. A Senile Animal seemed to get pretty good praise here. The reception for Nude With  Boots was probably a bit more mixed, and I know a lot of people here were disappointed by The Bride Screamed Murder (though, I still can't figure out why), but so far everyone here seems to love Freak Puke. It's the first time I'm not reading stuff like, "I wished it sounded like this or that" or

black stallion

does anyone want to talk of Dale's drumming on this?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Pound4abrown

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 31, 2012, 11:51:37 PM
I was surprised to hear Buzz singing on Let Me Roll It instead of Dale, but it sounded great. They also added a verse. I like the noise at the end of that track.

Yeah, when I first heard it I thought...Hmmm, that isn't Dale.
I thought it was kinda funny no one mentioned it.

Leroy

Does Trevor sing any backup on the cd?  I hope so.  I thought his vocals were good on Houdini live

(((O)))

Quote from: Leroy on June 01, 2012, 07:13:32 AM
I thought his vocals were good on Houdini live
I never noticed him on that. Which songs were those?

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on June 01, 2012, 07:19:52 AM
Quote from: Leroy on June 01, 2012, 07:13:32 AM
I thought his vocals were good on Houdini live
I never noticed him on that. Which songs were those?

a little bit of screaming on Night Goat and Joan Of Arc probably

i think Dale did some killer vocal parts on Freak Puke (Worm Farm Waltz)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

MrLuck87

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 01, 2012, 02:00:14 AM
Judging by the reception on this board so far, I think Freak Puke may be on its way to being the most well received new Melvins album of recent years, here on this message board. I remember when Pigs Of The Roman Empire came out there seemed to be a lot of mixed reviews and a lot of people were kind of underwhelmed at first. A Senile Animal seemed to get pretty good praise here. The reception for Nude With  Boots was probably a bit more mixed, and I know a lot of people here were disappointed by The Bride Screamed Murder (though, I still can't figure out why), but so far everyone here seems to love Freak Puke. It's the first time I'm not reading stuff like, "I wished it sounded like this or that" or

ZAPPAJOE

Anyone notice that "Inner Ear Rupture" is the same structure as "Eruption" by Van Halen . . . and the word play in the titles too ?

(the) flutter nuts

i think HAZE put it the best but i can't remember where he said it but it was something like " they've been a band for 25 plus years and are writing their best stuff" kinda something like that
I got the shits real bad.