Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

Quote from: )))((( on June 04, 2012, 02:51:44 PM
Quote from: glen on June 04, 2012, 02:50:41 PM
all the more evidence to lead me to believe today is the day.  :D
Bet you don't get it until Wednesday at the earliest.

you owe me $100. 

GOT IT!!!!

I am a happy motherfucker.  now pardon me while I attempt to damage my children's hearing.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

Quote from: glen on June 04, 2012, 04:09:02 PM

you owe me $100. 

GOT IT!!!!

I am a happy motherfucker.  now pardon me while I attempt to damage my children's hearing.

this is a great moment for you if you haven't heard a single track yet. can't wait to know what you think of this album
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(PAUL)

Well if Glen got it then it should be waiting in my mailbox when I get home.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

(((O)))

Quote from: glen on June 04, 2012, 04:09:02 PM

you owe me $100. 

GOT IT!!!!

:lol: :lol:
I can imagine you doing a merry dance around your room giving the finger in the general direction of the UK right now.  :lol: :lol:

JUDY

Way to rub it in, Glenda. 

No word on mine.

I have not listened to a single track. I've gone this long without doing so and I absolutely refuse to give in.

:(

homeless_dad

Quote from: (PAUL) on June 04, 2012, 04:14:01 PM
Same here.  All the more reason to get out of these lame orientation exercises!
Is Ian back yet??

(((O)))

Quote from: homeless_dad on June 04, 2012, 05:00:46 PM
How much orientation do you need residing upon a sphere floating in space?  :)

TheSwingSet

"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Pound4abrown

After hammering Freak Puke fairly non-stop since it surfaced on Spinner.com I would say that my ranking would go

10) Inner Ear Rupture
9) Worm Farm Waltz
8 ) Let Me Roll It
7) Leon Vs The Revolution
6) Baby, Won't You Weird Me Out
5) A Growing Disgust
4) Holy Barbarians
3) Freak Puke
2) Mr. Rip Off
1) Tommy Goes Berserk

That I have Leon Vs The Revolution at 7 tells me just how much I love this album.

homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??

homeless_dad

Quote from: )))((( on June 04, 2012, 05:03:29 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on June 04, 2012, 05:00:46 PM
How much orientation do you need residing upon a sphere floating in space?  :)
I don't know but they have to be an 11 on the cheeze-o-rama scale.
Is Ian back yet??

Mount Ambulance

Inner Ear Rupture is at once fully retarded and fully awesome! Did'jya get the joke? That coked up Samurai should just put down his guitar now ...

Grrrreat record, love the return to trio form ...

more musings later perhaps ...
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Dan_Halen

Just curious if anyone's going old school like me and going to the store to buy it tomorrow? It's probably mostly nostalgia driven but it is so fun to wait for that special day and go into the store and see the album in person. You've seen the cover for what seems like a lifetime but never in person, and now you are holding what you have been waiting for in your hands! You quickly grab one like there's about to be a stampede for them...even though you are one of the only people in the store.

Once inside your car you attempt to listen to it. Sadly you can't open it...you just cut your fingernails the night before and the shrink wrap won't budge. You curse the bastards who have packaged it in such a way, then finally I am able to get that once piece of my thumbnail that the clippers missed under the lip of the front of the case. I rip that shit open like a kid on Christmas and pop in my cd player. At that single moment I am happy. I forget that I'm driving in to work, I forget that my car is way overdue for service that I can't afford. I forget my dad has Alzheimer's and doesn't know who I am anymore. I forget all the bullshit and just enjoy this wonderful treat that is Buzz,Dale and whatever lucky bastard(s) they hired to make this album. I just enjoy the droning sounds of a band I have liked since I was a kid. ...and the best part is that since it's the Melvins I won't have to wait 3-4 years to have this moment again. I will most likely be having it in the next 6 months! I FUCKING LOVE THE MELVINS!!!
Los ticka toe rest

(PAUL)

Quote from: Dan_Halen on June 04, 2012, 08:17:37 PM
Just curious if anyone's going old school like me and going to the store to buy it tomorrow? It's probably mostly nostalgia driven but it is so fun to wait for that special day and go into the store and see the album in person. You've seen the cover for what seems like a lifetime but never in person, and now you are holding what you have been waiting for in your hands! You quickly grab one like there's about to be a stampede for them...even though you are one of the only people in the store.

Once inside your car you attempt to listen to it. Sadly you can't open it...you just cut your fingernails the night before and the shrink wrap won't budge. You curse the bastards who have packaged it in such a way, then finally I am able to get that once piece of my thumbnail that the clippers missed under the lip of the front of the case. I rip that shit open like a kid on Christmas and pop in my cd player. At that single moment I am happy. I forget that I'm driving in to work, I forget that my car is way overdue for service that I can't afford. I forget my dad has Alzheimer's and doesn't know who I am anymore. I forget all the bullshit and just enjoy this wonderful treat that is Buzz,Dale and whatever lucky bastard(s) they hired to make this album. I just enjoy the droning sounds of a band I have liked since I was a kid. ...and the best part is that since it's the Melvins I won't have to wait 3-4 years to have this moment again. I will most likely be having it in the next 6 months! I FUCKING LOVE THE MELVINS!!!

I would but there's no record stores around by me any more  :( Hell, even the Best Buy by me has hardly any cds anymore.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Pound4abrown

I will be at my local Bullmoose to grab this the moment they open their doors.