Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stass

Maybe somebody mentioned this before (if so, my bad), but I'm happy Freak Puke got to #179 in the Billboard charts. Well, The Bride Screamed Murder got to #200, so it's a step in the right direction. :D

http://www.metalinsider.net/metal-by-numbers/metal-by-numbers-613-rock-is-ageless-as-fear-factory-has-great-debut

Pound4abrown

Quote from: Bigval on June 15, 2012, 12:26:34 AM
Quote from: Pound4abrown on June 14, 2012, 08:44:06 PM
One can hope, I really was not a fan of Anonymous.

Agreed, I didn't think much of it or Mit Gas either but still very much rate their first album.

Heh, I love Mit Gas.
I am still really looking forward to the new one.

Pound4abrown

Quote from: Stass on June 15, 2012, 06:54:50 AM
Maybe somebody mentioned this before (if so, my bad), but I'm happy Freak Puke got to #179 in the Billboard charts. Well, The Bride Screamed Murder got to #200, so it's a step in the right direction. :D

http://www.metalinsider.net/metal-by-numbers/metal-by-numbers-613-rock-is-ageless-as-fear-factory-has-great-debut

I hadn't noticed that. Very cool.

Metalhead Cow

Wow, number 149 with only 2,400 sold.

:|

MrLuck87

Quote from: Bigval on June 15, 2012, 12:24:09 AM
Sieg Howdy was just a cash grab EP.

Seig Howdy was much better than Never Breathe.

Helen83

Quote from: MrLuck87 on June 15, 2012, 01:14:24 PM

Only becuase of Al Jourgensen being on it. :cheers:

MrLuck87

Quote from: Helen83 on June 15, 2012, 02:36:52 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on June 15, 2012, 01:14:24 PM

Only becuase of Al Jourgensen being on it. :cheers:

Joking aside, Al's Enchanted Thoughtfist is MUCH better than the original on Never Breathe.  The subtle electronic effects with the extended outro kick all kinds of ass! 

Seig Howdy is more like a weird compilation album.  It's part EP, part cover, part live cover, and part remix album.  Plus the artwork kicks ass.

Oh yea, Freak Puke kicks ass!  I've probably listened to it about 40 times and it just keeps getting better. 

Mad Arab

September 23rd I will have a chance to see Melvins-lite!!!

Mad Arab

Quote from: )))((( on June 11, 2012, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on June 11, 2012, 03:16:43 PM
Trevor Dunn is like a big bottle of ketchup.
He's red?

You keep him in the fridge?

Goes well with chips (fries)?

You have to smack his bottom to get him to do anything?

Difficult to get the last drops out of?

...i'll end there before it gets any ruder sounding!  :?

I think Trevor Dunn can cut the mustard.

Beard

Quote from: )))((( on June 15, 2012, 05:46:50 AM
To me Electroretard is totally an album. Sure it's covers and reworked songs but it's what they recorded and released. Therefore i declare ALBUM. End of.  :lol:
Haha you misunderstood me :P I do think Electroretard is a studio album, I just don't understand why it was credited as a studio album on the wikipedia page while POTRE and Sieg/Never Breathe weren't credited as such. Kind of confusing IMO :?

homeless_dad

They have gazzillion releases.  There.  End of debate.
Is Ian back yet??

black stallion

Quote from: DAYSTAR on June 15, 2012, 02:39:48 PM
Call me sentimental but I love the Buzz and Dale harmony vocals. Nowhere near as full sounding, a little off key, but sounds so right.

A lot of the new Melvins has a Altamont vibe. No?

i totally agree and i call you a Melvins fan  :)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

williamblakestyger

ready

[attachment deleted by admin]

Helen83

Quote from: MrLuck87 on June 15, 2012, 02:58:05 PM
Joking aside, Al's Enchanted Thoughtfist is MUCH better than the original on Never Breathe.  The subtle electronic effects with the extended outro kick all kinds of ass! 

Yeah totally. I actually agree 100% and think it's the best remix treatment he's ever done. It is a proper throw back to Ministry of the early 80s and I absolutely love it. It is also proof that he can do good things if he applies himself which he simply does not anymore. That Sieg Howdy remix is actually a great example of just how lazy Jourgensen has become with production when you look at the millions of horrible remix/remixx/remixxxxx albums of Revco & Ministry he's pumped out over the last 5 or 6yrs not to mention the horrible quality of the studio records since Barker's departure.

(PAUL)

Quote from: Helen83 on June 17, 2012, 06:12:04 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on June 15, 2012, 02:58:05 PM

Yeah totally. I actually agree 100% and think it's the best remix treatment he's ever done. It is a proper throw back to Ministry of the early 80s and I absolutely love it. It is also proof that he can do good things if he applies himself which he simply does not anymore. That Sieg Howdy remix is actually a great example of just how lazy Jourgensen has become with production when you look at the millions of horrible remix/remixx/remixxxxx albums of Revco & Ministry he's pumped out over the last 5 or 6yrs not to mention the horrible quality of the studio records since Barker's departure.

To be fair I don't think he has anything to do with the remix albums as far as the remixes themselves. Plus you can only do so much with a pile of poo. And I'd say the Dalek remix is the best remix ever.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.