Pigs Of The Roman Empire is out!

Started by Metalhead Cow, August 24, 2004, 01:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalhead Cow

Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :D
And, I'm going to the store later today to pick it up. I've got it reserved for me. :) I can't wait to hear this album (I've only heard The Bloated Pope).

On a sidenote, I also recently got the King Buzzo EP, and I love it! Ausome! I love Annum, it's just beautiful and creepy. And the structure for Isabella is just ausome, and totally creative.

"No, I think it's lint". :shock:  Wahhh???!! :shock:

Vcavallo

i bought Pigs Of The Roman Empire today.  I have this to say: The Melvins fucking BROUGHT it this time.  i can't understand how anyone doesn't like this album.  if you were expecting another 10 songs then yes, you might not like it, and i am sorry.  when you listen to this album along with their other recents, you can really see the direction they are evolving in, and i think it is a very good one.  i think pigs sounds alot like HAT, just shorter and with more ambiance.  it's like HAT's weird older brother that doesn't talk much, but when he does he's really cool.  you know those guys.  buy it.  its zzzz best!
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

TosT

damn damn damn....
hell

i ran all over the place on my lunch hour today trying to find the cd, all the regular places that carry their stuff... they hadn't even HEARD of it, serves me right for not pre-ordering. The only place that had it coming in was A&B Sound (big place), it's just not right

LouiLoomis

Quote from: Vcavallowhen you listen to this album along with their other recents, you can really see the direction they are evolving in, and i think it is a very good one.

Thats what I've been trying to tell the 'haters' all along. Oh well, at least someone else understands. Thanks.  :)

___-----_____------_____

I will be picking it up tomorrow - a celebration after my surgery, that's if I survive.  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

DubEMC

Got it this morning, brought it home and put it on tape. Listened to it in the car on the way to work. Gonna put it on again here in a minute. I do like it so far. Bloated Pope just confirms I would listen to anything they did for the rest of my life!

Amps To 11

[quote="Vcavallo" it's like HAT's weird older brother that doesn't talk much, but when he does he's really cool.  you know those guys.  buy it.  its zzzz best![/quote]

Amazing. I couldn't have said it better myself

Metalhead Cow

I got it guys! :D  I'm going to listen to it when I go to bed. 8)

anaconda

hey DubeMC I'm glad you mentioned listening in your car!!
I love listeneing to melvins in my car! HAT is a top pick in my car.

anyways, i was telling klump about listening to pigs 40 times
straight last saturday, i have to say it really shines when you
pick out each unique riff thats in there, and now i'm still digging
safety 3rd the most...i just wish that there was more vocals
on all of this cd. maybe their saving that for the jello project.

(PAUL)

Got it and I'm digging it alot. There is just so many layers to it, I'm definitely going to have to listen to it with headphones. Has anyone else heard some somewhat familiar things, such as the weird bloop noise from Soup on some tracks, and what sounds like a reworked version of the piano noise from Fast Forward at the beginning of Pink Bat?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

LouiLoomis

Quote from: anacondai just wish that there was more vocals
on all of this cd. maybe their saving that for the jello project.

As we all know, when Buzz 'sings' on Pigs... it's sounds better than ever before so I think he's saving himself for special occassions. :wink:  I think Jello will have 90% of vocals on the new record.

DubEMC

I would gather Buzz will only do backing vox on the Jello project. Jello's not really a virtuoso on anything other than his yapper.

anaconda

actually i was thinking more about the upcoming tours!

like for instance, is the Pigs tour going to be the instrumental songs
mostly from all the CDs throughout their career? or will buzz sing?
also, will lustymord join them on tour or not?

and then conversely,

is the 'Breathe what you cant shit' tour gonna be jello and buzz
teaming up on mostly the vocal songs in the melvins catalog?

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: PAULGot it and I'm digging it alot. There is just so many layers to it, I'm definitely going to have to listen to it with headphones. Has anyone else heard some somewhat familiar things, such as the weird bloop noise from Soup on some tracks, and what sounds like a reworked version of the piano noise from Fast Forward at the beginning of Pink Bat?

Yeah, I was thinking "Hey, it's the Soup noice!"

Metalhead Cow

Okay, I listened to it twice so far: last night in bed, and this morning.
The first time, I didn't know what to think. I wasn't hugely impressed, but I liked it a little. When I listened to it this moring, it was amazing how much more I liked it. It's probally going to grow on me more on the next isten.

Some random thoughts:

1.III

Whoa, this song is ausome! I liked this one alot, right away. It's really cool, dark, and ambient

2.The Bloated Pope

Of course, this is a fantastic song. I don't really need to say my opinions, because I already have elsewhere

3Toadi Accelaratio

Cool song. I liked it better on the second listen. There's alot going on in the background, which is fun to listen to. Plus we've got the classic Soup noices!

4.Pigs Of The Roman Empire

Great, great song. I enjoyed it alot on the first listen, and even more on the second. It's totally dark! Amazing! The second riff, that comes in about 13 minutes in, makes me think of the soundtrack for the end of world. I origonally thought it was weird to put a 20+ minute song in the middle of a record, but it sounds fine. And it has a great, appropriate ending.

5.Pink Bat

Definately my least favorite. I don't really get it yet. I love the intro, and the whole thing with the voice talking about batterys, is funny

6.Zzzz Best

Ausome! This song is really cool! It's really an intro for Safety Third, and it's ausome! So cool!

7.Safety Third

Good, cool song. Really good stuff. Still has to grow on me a little though

8.Idolatrous Apostate

Really cool! This song is a great example of how there is little going on, but it's amazing! The low voice is really cool.

9.Untitled + Hidden Track

It starts off with more of the same good stuff. The hidden track is really good. It's a excelent way to end the album, and really creepy too.