Melvins song of the week.

Started by Mad Arab, March 03, 2012, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Arab

Melvins - Euthanasia 7"

Melvins - Tanx
Label: Power-Fist Record Co., Power-Fist Record Co.
Catalog#: P.F. 41302 CRO-MO., P.F.-41302
Format: Vinyl, 7", EP, Unofficial Release
Released: 1991

Let's discuss this song and why it's either great or not so great. Every week I will attempt to psot another random song from their catalog. The next song of the week will be posted 3/10. Hopefully this will be a good discussion. There are enough fans here that can contribute something to this. If the Melvins see this it would be cool to hear their comments on it???

I do know that there is a bootleg DVD show back in the Lori Black days floating around that features this song. I like the riff of this song quite a bit. I mess around with it on guitar from time to time.

FartLips

great fucking song. i have the d.g.f. vinyl.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Dumpster D

Isn't this one a clown alley cover?

or am I thinking of something else..again What are the A and B sides titled?

I'm not well off financially, or I would own everything by the melvins.

Mad Arab

I think the Bulls & the Bees will be included in this thread when it officially appears online. Not including the tracks that they treated us with so far. There has been enough discussion about those two tracks for the time being.

TheSwingSet

Fucking love this song....my old high school band back in '97 used to cover the fuck out of it! I was glad when it ended up on the Endless Boxset.
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

anaconda

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 03, 2012, 08:46:46 PM
Isn't this one a clown alley cover?

'Theme' is the Clown Alley cover. 'Euthanasia' is a Melvins original.

pinkyslim

JUDY

Super Heavy. I love finding hidden gems like this. Thanks for posting it.

I'd like to see some kind of Melvins Anthology, filled with demos and some of the rarer B sides.

Quote from: Jackie Treehorn on March 03, 2012, 08:48:06 PM
I think the Bulls & the Bees will be included in this thread when it officially appears online.
WE ARE DOOMED.

Also, I like your Ultraman avatar.

buddy holiday

yeah fucking heavy song... wish hear it live once!
different versions are on dope guns n fucking in the streets vol 5 and the "yuthanagia" flexi.

Illusionator

The grinding groinal thrust of this sums up what got me into the band. Just so different and so right. Other bands may be heavy, others may be sludgy, but no-one else has that black planet rolling thru space momentum they generate, and the chorus counterpoints it beautifully. Great and a great idea for a thread - look forward to next week's song.

Quote from: JUDY on March 04, 2012, 12:32:03 AM
Also, I like your Ultraman avatar.

Seconded (the only tie I own is an Ultraman/Z-Ton tie  :lol:)

jonE5

Yum!.. Always loved this song.. I was stoked when I realized it was on the Endless Residency set. It flows perfectly with the Bullhead set, and I think Jareds vocals sound great on it too (Wish I had one of those 7"'s)

Rusty Shackleford

A perfect early example of Dale's singing. 

Wasn't there a Peel Session version?

I wonder if Jonathan Burnside recorded it.

Illusionator

Quote from: jonE5 on March 04, 2012, 11:40:41 AM
Yum!.. Always loved this song.. I was stoked when I realized it was on the Endless Residency set. It flows perfectly with the Bullhead set, and I think Jareds vocals sound great on it too (Wish I had one of those 7"'s)

Thanks jonE5, it's been bugging me where I'd heard it recently as I don't own the 7"

Dumpster D

I could Tell you If Burnside Recorded it if only I had the $ to download this tune...I think I have it somewhere,I could tell you just by listening.  Someone here about 10 years ago gave me the password to access pretty much every melvins bootleg and rarity, I used to have free internet so I downloaded everything.
unfortunately I never saved the track lists other than my own memory.

bottom line is, Melvins fans here will HOOK YOUR ASS UP with MELVINS!

My old ipecac Unername Was "ElesDee"

So whoever it was that gave me the password ( I still remember it ) Thanks again Bigtime.

(((O)))