Author Topic: Melvins song of the week.  (Read 11452 times)

Offline DC

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Melvins song of the week.
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »
i think dc bought one of those,not sure
NOPE I bought one from some dude on the internet that seemed legit, but that thing was about as well put together as a retired whores plumbing. Paid about 4 hundy for it, then dropped another 2 hundy to get it worked on, then tried to fix the pickup situation myself. It currently resides at my exes dad's house. Thanks for reminding me I need to send the fuckstick that made the damn thing some hatemail.

Mad Arab

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »
The song of the week is 'See How Pretty, See How Smart' from The Maggot. One of the heaviest and crushing songs they have in their catalog. I love this fanmade video.

Offline The Bloated Pope

• merch vulture
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
Amazing ending to an amazing album, I would kill to see them playing this tune live

Offline JUDY

• Global Moderator
  • Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Agreed. One of my all time favourite Melvins tunes. This, and Charmicarmicat compete in being among the heaviest they have ever written. And I just LOVE how it ends with the jingle bells. Such a gentle touch to one of their most skull crushing songs.

Missed last weeks song. Once, a friend used THE BLOATED POPE to lure me into their car after a night of heavy drinking. I was prepared to walk home, but that was what made me agree to get in and get a ride...which was smart.

Melvins are like candy.
I think we should put it in a jar labeled 'melvins'

Lurch

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
kevin shines on this song.
This thread is great... Im still waiting for a certain song, hopefully it makes the rotation. :D

Offline jules

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2012, 04:35:54 AM »

Offline jules

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2012, 04:45:51 AM »
Best Revolve ever:

Which line up is playing? Mark?
It sounds like Mark; the sleeve notes are uninformative.

Lurch

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »

Offline Idlehanz

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • The Colossus Of Destiny: A Melvins Tale
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
Best Revolve ever:

Which line up is playing? Mark?
It sounds like Mark; the sleeve notes are uninformative.
I remember listening to this.  I'm pretty sure it was Mark, but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline Idlehanz

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • The Colossus Of Destiny: A Melvins Tale
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »

Mesmerizing.

Offline homeless_dad

• watches fox red eye
  • The lone melmon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2012, 05:00:45 PM »
The song is relatively new to me as I got the maggot maybe a year ago.  It's a great song.  I really like the title.  "See how pretty, See how smart" not sure what it means or what's being described but it fits the song perfectly in an unsettling way. 

The title makes me think of a young female overachiever who's not what she seems.  She comes across sweet and innocent but something in your gut tells you she has a hidden darkside no one knows about.  Like she has a secret place where shetortures puppies or something and has no reguard for life.  A total psychopath.

Anybody know where the title comes from?

I like to hold my pride in between my hands so I can feel it hang

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
The song is relatively new to me as I got the maggot maybe a year ago.  It's a great song.  I really like the title.  "See how pretty, See how smart" not sure what it means or what's being described but it fits the song perfectly in an unsettling way. 

The title makes me think of a young female overachiever who's not what she seems.  She comes across sweet and innocent but something in your gut tells you she has a hidden darkside no one knows about.  Like she has a secret place where shetortures puppies or something and has no reguard for life.  A total psychopath.

Cara.
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Offline homeless_dad

• watches fox red eye
  • The lone melmon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »

Cara.
:-k :-s.  Who?
I like to hold my pride in between my hands so I can feel it hang

(((O)))

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2012, 04:32:02 AM »

Cara.
She's a member on here who doesn't post very much. She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2012, 08:37:36 AM »

Cara.
She's a member on here who doesn't post very much. She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:
whoa whoa whoa, i saw her first! :lol:
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"